Hungry Girl Shopping List - 2011

Options
Lisa0711
Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
I get daily emails from hungrygirl.com and today was the new shopping list. It's 3 pages of healthy things to buy at the store. (Dairy and dairy atlernatives, cereal, meat & seafood, veggies, fruit, soups & canned goods, breads, frozen meals & novelties, sauces, beverages, and baking goods) Just thought I would share!

Here's the direct link to PDF format (if it works):

http://www.hungry-girl.com/uploads/File/HGShoppingList_Feb2011.pdf

and if not, here it is on the website:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/1908

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I get these too- I love Hungry Girl!! :) Good share *bump*
  • jennlee80
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    Thanks so much! This is awesome :) I love hungry girl!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i am going to try it:smile:
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • kimw328
    Options
    This is great. I shared it with a few friends. Thanks!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!!!

I love Hungry Girl Recipes and Info!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has some good ideas and every now and then I will try one of her more normal seeming recipes. I even read her website everyday to see what she has to say - but it is in a kind of Rachael Rayish I can't stand you but I have to watch you way.

Doesn't anyone on here find it ridiculous all the chemically fake products she promotes for better health? I mean. maybe she can come up with a recipe that is a substitute for something horrifically fatty, but if it is filled with weird synthetic fat free, dairy free, egg substitute, sugar free, this free, that free products, is it really better for you. I personally don't think so. I think she is misleading a lot of people to think they are eating healthfully, when they could really be doing better for themselves. It is not just all about the calories and fat - but she seems to focus more on that than overall health. Am I way off here?

Someone the total opposite of her who promotes eating real,whole, healthful things for you and leaving room for indulgences is Ellie Krieger. If you have not already, I would ditch Hungry Girl and seek out Ellie Krieger books and recipes. Most of her stuff is available on the food network website, so it's free to try.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger/index.html
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You're right to a degree. Chemical filled things aren't good for you... and in a perfect world it would be easier and of course healthier to eat chemical-free products. But I don't have the time, money, energy, or want-to to make all my food from scratch. So these are fine for me.

Actually, a lot of people don't have that amount of time, and this is much easier.

But thanks for you input and another list for those who try to stay away from such products.