Valentines Day???

yardleyluv
yardleyluv Posts: 12
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
What are your plans for Valentines Day??? It's always been a very special day for us, we plan for weeks. Menu, Wine, Movie and even the Flowers.. So, what I would like to know, if you are going to be naughty or nice??? Meaning, are you going to have that Box of Chocolate, glass of wine, and a special dinner???

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    well I am single and I hate men so I am going out for dinner with a girlfriend of mine! And I plan on eating whatever I feel like that night! I have been so good and I never cheat! I deserve one night to be naughty!!! lol
  • I love this day! Since I'm single, I'm throwing a big bash at my house so that everyone will have something to do on V-day! There will be plenty of deserts and appetizers, and I'm making Sangria, but I am staying within my calorie goal. =) It helps that there will be a DJ there for me to burn of the cals just incase I want a cupcake. lol.
  • Going to eat the chocolate, drink the wine, and have fun :) I'll be good during the day, get my workout in, and enjoy my day :) Can't live your life counting calories every second!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    First, I have to laugh at FaeFae!! I would do the same thing - so good for you!!! You're right, you deserve a night to be naughty!!

As for me and my 'new' beau - we'll avoid the chocolate, but we are going to a Japanese Steakhouse (cause I've been craving that for MONTHS!) and may partake in a glass of wine for dessert after. :-)
  • I love this day! Since I'm single, I'm throwing a big bash at my house so that everyone will have something to do on V-day! There will be plenty of deserts and appetizers, and I'm making Sangria, but I am staying within my calorie goal. =) It helps that there will be a DJ there for me to burn of the cals just incase I want a cupcake. lol.

my kind of girl!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    I'm probably going to be hanging out at home. My gentleman is out of town but we'll be talking throughout the day. :]
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Thats one day I have to be bad... genjis is where I am going which is carb central... but its so good.. plus the chocolates (minimum amount)... Ive been so good.. so for 1 day Ill be bad...
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    hmm my husband and I are going to a hotel away from the city from Sat to Sunday. It should be lots of fun! Dinner and breakfast is included so I will try to eat the healthiest I can. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I won't have to worry about being naughty on Vday. I am single and all my friends are seeing someone so I won't even be going out with a girlfriend. Guess I have nothing to worry! Thats a good way to look at Vday as a single lady :)
  • cvanicek
    cvanicek Posts: 3 Member
    Since it is a Monday...probably not too much splurging going on with my hubby and 2 kids :) But I plan to get an Insanity workout in during the day so I'll enjoy a glass of wine (maybe 2) at night! I fully believe in allowing myself to cheat every once and awhile - you have to if you watch every calorie the rest of the time!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    The Melting Pot- three course fondue experience consisting of cheese fondue with white and rye bread cubes, apples and veggies, a mushroom salad with garlic wine sauce, and chicken, tenderloin, shrimp, and salmon cooked in a coq au vin broth. Possible chocolate fondue with strawberries for dipping. And YES YES YES on the wine!!!!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    I have an Environmental Science lab until 8:50 that night but we are bringing in yummies to eat in class. Me and my BF are doing Valentines tonight I believe and I will definitely eat and drink what I please.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    I love this day! Since I'm single, I'm throwing a big bash at my house so that everyone will have something to do on V-day! There will be plenty of deserts and appetizers, and I'm making Sangria, but I am staying within my calorie goal. =) It helps that there will be a DJ there for me to burn of the cals just incase I want a cupcake. lol.

my kind of girl!

mine too lol shame i live with my parents lol
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Call me a cynic but it's just one day! It's all too commericial for me, I don't give in to the hype. I can say "I love you" a million ways every single day. Why do it with over inflated prices or expectations? Just sayin...

I'm going to eat right, go to my favorite zumba class and homework. Those are things that make ME feel good!

With that said, those that celebrate, enjoy your day! :flowerforyou:
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    We're going to a place for a 3-course meal and splitting a bottle of wine. But we're starting the day off with a 4-5 mile run... so hopefully won't be TOO over.
  • I plan on splurging, because I am single and feel like wooing myself. So, sushi, chocolate, and wine while watching a chick flick is my plan. However, I also plan on getting in a workout, so I may go over my calories, but at least I won't go quite as far over. :) Sometimes, you've just got to give in and enjoy a day of indulgences. If I torture myself and don't ever indulge, I end up craving bad foods WAY more on the days when I am sticking to my calorie count. Gotta live a little! :)
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    i'm just going to eat really low cal in the morning and for lunch, and i'm going out for sushi for dinner so i'll make sure i don't eat the tempura or anything to fattening. Also i don't think we're going to partake in dessert.. only if i'm good. But i'm going to try and count calories, but if i can't, its not biggie, i'll just make sure workout on tuesday :P
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    We are going to a concert on Saturday and it is the band that we picked to play our first dance song at our wedding-Devotchka. And Monday DH is making me dinner at home.
    I still don't know what to get him, though, I thought tickets to a sporting event or a bike, but I don't think I should try to buy a bike for another person, and I don't know which sporting event he might like most. then I thought it should be something for both of us, since Valentine's Day is sort of about togetherness.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Call me a cynic but it's just one day! It's all too commericial for me, I don't give in to the hype. I can say "I love you" a million ways every single day. Why do it with over inflated prices or expectations? Just sayin...

I'm going to eat right, go to my favorite zumba class and homework. Those are things that make ME feel good!

With that said, those that celebrate, enjoy your day! :flowerforyou:

I SO agree!! I am married now but have never been a Valentines girl anyway!!
  • judy02
    judy02 Posts: 19 Member
    Enjoying some great quality time with my hubby, being naughty eating out in a nice restaurant and a few chocolates, waking up extra early to get a good work before this!! The day before, Sunday make sure to catch a great chick flick with my girls, can't forget them, May be "From Prada to Nada"....
This discussion has been closed.