Ideas for exercise at work

Options
I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas of some type of exercise that I can do here at work. I work in an office all day--sit, sit, sit--except when I go out to the mailbox. :grumble:

I get so sleepy around 1:00pm-2:00pm every day! I have my own office--I do payroll--crunching numbers can really get to me! :yawn:

Replies

• sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas of some type of exercise that I can do here at work. I work in an office all day--sit, sit, sit--except when I go out to the mailbox. :grumble:

I get so sleepy around 1:00pm-2:00pm every day! I have my own office--I do payroll--crunching numbers can really get to me! :yawn:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I know what you mean. I used to get so sleepy too and wanted to use some time at work to work on my body. lol Here are some great ideas I got from articles on webmd. I practice them just about every day now.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/fast-track-your-fat-loss (These 10 min. ones I do in the bathroom @ work when I have a moment to spare).

This one is great for working on your abs. I sit all day 2... so this one is perfect to work those abs out while you sit for hours. :

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/6-tips-flat-abs

Hope these work out for you. I have been doing them for about 1 month and I can already see changes in my body. Plus, it cuts down on the excersies I have to do at home and wakes me up when I start to feel sleepy. :smile:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    squeeze your buttock
    sit up straight and take a deep breathe
    squat
    flex your feet

are there stairs you can walk up and down?
  • sassycat
    Options
    Thank you both for the advice. I will start doing some of these exercises. I am definitely going to check out the websites. :smile:
  • geisharunner
    Options
    I'm at a desk all day as well. What I've done is I have a 5lb weight at my desk. When I have some down time, I do some arm exercises. Arm curls, butterflies, shoulder press, etc. Makes me feel more productive! Lol.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    If you can get away with it, switch out your office chair for a stability ball. You will absolutely be amazed at the muscles you use trying to keep it, well, stable.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Kegals! :laugh:

Seriously though, stairs are good. I work in a small office so I normally help with deliveries, so theres some lifting. Get up about once every half hour and walk around if its a relaxed setting. Offices don't give you a lot of opportunity.

Another possibility is at lunch, take a walk around your building a few times.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Prisoner squats and pushups are my friend during downtime. Retail can be stressful at times but the steam blows right over with the aforementioned.
  • sassycat
    Options
    Thanks Wizzle for the websites. This helped, it gave me a variety of different exercises to do here at work. I don't have any stairs and walking on the road by the plant---too many big rigs in and out! Very dangerous! :smile:
  • sassycat
    Options
    What are prisoner squats?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Great I ideas.
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Everytime you go to the bathroom do 10 pushups. Easy, fast no body will know. I did that I my arms got SO buff. Plus I maxed my PT test for the army. Its hard with heels tho. OR maybe walk on lunch too.