Quotes that inspire you?

Options

Replies

• icheeemama
    Options
    “Life is not measured by the # of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.."
    - ANONYMOUS

:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space. - Johnny Cash
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    The one that I absolutely live my life by is:

Do something every day that scares you.

That was Eleanor Roosevelt, I believe.

Mine is: "If you cannot say something nice about anybody, come sit next to me" Alice Roosevelt Longworth, daughter of Theodore Roosevelt

I love the "arguing with an idiot" one above though (in yellow).
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    :heart: "The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart"--Helen Keller :heart:
  • areason4stars
    Options
    "When nothing is certain, everything is possible"

"Shoot for the moon even if you miss you will land among the stars"

" Life isn’t about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain"

and the one in my siggy , for sure!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    "To error is human. To forgive, divine."

"We've decided that asking questions does us no good because life is the question and YOU are the answer."
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

"Time will heal all wounds. Just like it will heal his broken arms and legs."
    ---Miss Piggy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I left out a little bit.....
  • beep
    Options
    "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."

--The Problem of Pain

C.S. Lewis
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

"Time will heal all wounds. Just like it will heal his broken arms and legs."
    ---Miss Piggy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I left out a little bit.....
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    PrincessLaundry said in a post that she no longer needs to "taste" her favorite foods all the time because she knows what they taste like. It really inspired me to refocus my way of thinking.

Thanks Lady!!

Awwww shucks!!! You're welcome girlie!

I put it in my file for safe thinking...LOL

Controlling Naughty Foods

A friend and I were talking about weight loss a while back. We both came to the strangest agreement about our favorite "bad foods"...

My favorite foods will always be there...
    I already know what they taste like, so I don't have to go back and "try it" at every opportunity...
    I can get that food when I have "earned" it, not when I just want it.
    My goal is health and love for myself, not this food.

I think at the time french fries were my favorite. That would be my lunch, with a water. YUCK! What was I thinking? :laugh:

Now I remind myself that I can know it's good tasting, but I can get it next time, when I know it fits into my plan, and I want to be happy. YUM! It just helps me look at my favorite items and keeping ME in control, not my addiction.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
    How do you change your health? One bite at a time.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    give and you shall recieve
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    ride the horse in the direction it's going :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I have some more that I like:

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured."
    "Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." both from Iyengar

"A photographer gets people to pose for him. A yoga instructor gets people to pose for themselves." T. Guillemets
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    To guarantee success, act as if it were impossible to fail."

Dorothea Brande
  • beep
    Options
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

That sounds like something Chuck Swindoll said some years ago. I have never forgotten it, and I look at people differently now (the guy who cuts me off in his car, the grumpy clerk, etc)
  • beep
    Options
    I have some more that I like:

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    Options
    PrincessLaundry said in a post that she no longer needs to "taste" her favorite foods all the time because she knows what they taste like. It really inspired me to refocus my way of thinking.

Thanks Lady!!

Awwww shucks!!! You're welcome girlie!

I put it in my file for safe thinking...LOL

Controlling Naughty Foods

A friend and I were talking about weight loss a while back. We both came to the strangest agreement about our favorite "bad foods"...

My favorite foods will always be there...
    I already know what they taste like, so I don't have to go back and "try it" at every opportunity...
    I can get that food when I have "earned" it, not when I just want it.
    My goal is health and love for myself, not this food.

I think at the time french fries were my favorite. That would be my lunch, with a water. YUCK! What was I thinking? :laugh:

Now I remind myself that I can know it's good tasting, but I can get it next time, when I know it fits into my plan, and I want to be happy. YUM! It just helps me look at my favorite items and keeping ME in control, not my addiction.

Oh, that is sooooooooo good. Thanks:drinker:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love quotes! I collect them :smile: Here are some that I love.

"Don't give up at half time. Concentrate on winning the second half." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." -- Thomas Jefferson

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" --George Bernard Shaw

You're never beaten until you admit it. --George S. Patton

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

If you didn't need a pill to get fat, why would you need one to get unfat?

Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.