Fitness Guru's- Little help please

Options
to make a long story short, i have very bad tendonitis in my right ankle which i think is a result of injuries sustained during years of ballet and cheerleading and am experiencing a very bad "flare up" right now.

i am very careful to use proper form when i exercise and wear running shoes that were fitted for me. lastnight i did not go crazy with my workout but after that is when it started bothering me. today it's very sore and stiff and causing me to walk like i'm 80. normally i do lunges down the hall to the water fountain to refill my water bottle, but today it's more of a hobbling situation. anyway. just writing to see if you can suggest any strengthening exercises that i could be doing to help with this issue. I'm hoping this is something that I can tend to at home with a little patience and diligence since i cant really afford physical therapy at this time.( i had been unemployed for quite somtime due to the recession and am trying to get some debts paid down now that i'm working again)

also when i have issues with this i stick to boxing, yoga, and pilates workouts so that there isnt an impact issue, but if you have other thoughts for me while i'm aching they are more than welcome.

thanks so much in advance!