Periods (for Women) Stop weightloss?

Options
So this week i received a visit from aunt flow...
and i went on the scale today
(even though i wasn't supposed to...)
i gained like...about 1lb and i am not sure if it because of my period..
it freaks me out because its the end of the week...and i usually or have been consecutively loosing 2lbs a week
and it looks like this week. the scale is not going to budge?
i need more information...
will the 3 lbs disappear after my period?

Replies

• iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yes, the bloat and water weight.. i hate it.. i dont even weigh in on those days.. depressing!
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I always gain in the 10 days or so before and during my period. I eat more, especially salty, fatty food; I retain more water; and I just generally bloat. I usually drop the extra pound after I'm done.

Stick to your regime as closely as possible, keep up the exercise if you can (I skip the gym if I feel too nauseous) and try not to fret too much. Two pounds a week is great; you'll be back on track before you know it.

Good luck!
  • ultraviolet29
    Options
    I put on about 5lbs when i'm on so i wouldnt worry! If only men had the same problem!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I gain as well and dont weigh myself when it's that TOM.
    But after it's over, I lose like crazy!! :):)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself when your aunt is in town!!!!!! LOL Depressing.. and not accurate. and it adds to the crankiness.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Give your body a week or two and you'll be back to normal. Just keep eating & working out well and you'll be happy you did so soon :)
  • blueeyez0520
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this cause I posted something very similar & got no response... I was noticing the same thing.... Glad to know that we are all in this together..... Oh the joys of being a woman... :)
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think every woman is different. I had my "Aunt flow" visit this week and I still lose 3 lbs. I haven't done anything any different or ate any different and still exercising. But I have a friend who doesn't usually lose or may gain a pound or two the week she gets a visit. But she always had a bigger loss the next week. So hopefully you will lose it plus some next week.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. It's possible for your weight to fluctuate 2-3 pounds actually during this time (I don't like the word "gain" because you haven't actually gained weight - fat). Weight fluctuations are NORMAL and part of the process when losing weight, even when it isn't your time of month.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    For me it seems to be the second she's gone that my weight drops! Very bizarre!
  • iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yep, i dont even weigh myself during that TOM..
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I always seem to gain during AF and lose some/most of it when it's over.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ya... usually after I have my period, and it's completely done... I lose a good deal at weigh in time. Never weigh yourself during your period hehe.