What to do...aggression?

Options
I'm in a school club and we've hit a point where the officers are just blaming one another for things but not actually doing anything to help the situation. I want to punch someone in the face. Any ideas how to deal with my aggression without going to jail?

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Sure!! Workout! It helps me when I get upset or angry, I take it out on the machine.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Definitely working out!!

But also... trying to be the one who reminds everyone to work on attacking the problem and not each other?

Venting to a friend?
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    put it in writing... take a dry erase board write the problem on the board so everyone knows what it is. and say nothing else needs to be said about the problem give me ways to fix it. i am on the board at a youth sports organization and we have used this a couple times when people who like to hear themselves talk get stuck on something and go into the blame game, it doesnt fix anything. our favorite saying "it is what it is" " move on"
  • bfrice1
    Options
    Karate + Punching bag = Good Will Towards All

It worked for me back when I was in retail.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm in a school club and we've hit a point where the officers are just blaming one another for things but not actually doing anything to help the situation. I want to punch someone in the face. Any ideas how to deal with my aggression without going to jail?

do a kickboxing (or regular boxing) class... you get to punch and kick through the whole thing! The best part is you can IMAGINE you are punching someone who's made you mad! Certainly better than REALLY punching them!!!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    i'm incredibly aggressive, by nature.

things that help me:

-running
    -removing myself from the situation
    -calling them names in my head (oh so childish, but highly satisfying)
    -sauna or steam room
    -ranting like an idiot to my friends :-)
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Punch them in the face ... by putting a picture of them on a punching bag and going to town, lol.

Seriously, physical activity is a great way to get aggression out in my opinion. Do something that gets your heartrate pumping, put your all into it, and just go for it 100%.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Punch them in the face ... by putting a picture of them on a punching bag and going to town, lol.

Seriously, physical activity is a great way to get aggression out in my opinion. Do something that gets your heartrate pumping, put your all into it, and just go for it 100%.

LOL Love it!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I just decided I'm going to take the high road on this one. It's my rest day and I need it.
    I remember a thread not to long ago about the worst thing people have been called and I don't want to cut anyone down for anything right now. I'm really feeding off the positive vibe here.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Oh, didn't know it was your rest day. Maybe go for a light walk? Personally, I don't think that counts towards a workout. Just fresh air, time to think and change scenery.

Good luck and hope you feel happier soon. :)