Logging cals burned for 30 day shred?

Options
I am going to begin Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tomorrow morning. I could not find it listed under any exercise category. How are people determining the calories burned? (And I know I should invest in a HRM but I unfortunately cannot afford it right now)

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I was asking alot today..and people were telling me to log it at circuit training
  • Aaronc909
    Options
    Most people use "Circuit Training" as the exercise when logging.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it in as circuit training, but I'm definitely going to invest in a HRM soon.
  • TMayer15
    TMayer15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always recommend a HRM to my clients because then you can really know where your fat burning zones are and where your cardiovascular zones are. There can be a fine line between them if you don't use one. But don't break the bank with purchasing one.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I record it as 25 min of circuit training.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 8 days into the 30 Day Shred (well, today will be the 9th, but I haven't worked out yet) and I use my HRM, but something that I want to bring to your attention is that my calorie burn on the first day was 252 and has steadily decreased approximately 5 calories each day. Yesterday I only burned 201. So you may need to allow for your body becoming more accustomed to the same exercise everyday above and beyond what will be suggested by MFP under circuit training.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is circuit training. you should log it as that, thats what i do
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was logging it as aerobics until today (bought a HRM) as I did not really know any better. I checked my calories burned with the HRM against what I would've logged in as MFP circuit training and it was off by about 25 calories. MFP said I burned more than what I actually did. Use MFP as an estimate.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Happy shredding!!:wink:
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I started logging it as circuit training but the calories are off. I then googled it and you will find the cal/hour for someone 154lbs. adjust it for your weight then for the time. That's as accurate as I have gotten it, it's only a few calories off from my hrm maybe 5 under at most