whole fat cheeses?

Options
I read somewhere once that whole fat cheeses are actually better for you thank cheeses that are low fat because of the way your body breaks it down. Is this true or just something someone came up with so they could eat their 6 cheese lasagna without guilt?

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It's just about which diet you subscribe to. Low fat vs. low carb. Both cheeses are good, just pick the one that fits your current goals.
  • k8smama
    Options
    I hate the way low fat/fat free cheese tastes, so I use whole fat cheese. I just use less of it or plan accordingly the rest of the day when I want some cheese. I think that it just comes down to what you prefer.I stopped believing in "good" food or "bad" food. It's all about moderation.
  • shules82
    shules82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    IDK but I heard the same rumor about 2% milk being more conducive to weight loss than skim milk...
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing in "good" food or "bad" food. It's all about moderation.

Good point.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I stopped believing in "good" food or "bad" food. It's all about moderation.

Excellent way of looking at it!
    Depending on the food, sometimes the lower fat ones are the ones w/ more calories. Sometimes you're better off with the more fattening variety. :smile: