Anyone have a good artichoke recipe?

Options
I've never tried cooking them myself and would love to try.

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I cook them a lot.

I steam them...first I cut off the thorny bits and then the stem and steam them upside down...

Maybe 40 minutes or so....I just check them--- I fork the butt of it, if it's soft, it's ready...or I test a leaf or two...

Then when they are finished steaming, I squeeze lemon juice over them with a bit of salt.

Sometimes we dip them in garlic mustard. SO GOOD!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I've never made them, but I'm looking forward to the replies because I love to eat them.

I do use the jarred (not marinated) hearts in salad.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Thanks! I order them a lot when I eat out, but I've never tried cooking them at home. I'll definitely try your steaming recommendation. :o)
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I cook them a lot.

I steam them...first I cut off the thorny bits and then the stem and steam them upside down...

Maybe 40 minutes or so....I just check them--- I fork the butt of it, if it's soft, it's ready...or I test a leaf or two...

Then when they are finished steaming, I squeeze lemon juice over them with a bit of salt.

Sometimes we dip them in garlic mustard. SO GOOD!

Do you steam them in a bot with a vegetable steamer thing or in a pan in the oven?
  • RussianLynx
    Options

Do you steam them in a bot with a vegetable steamer thing or in a pan in the oven?

pot!