Wahhhh

jag325
jag325 Posts: 11
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Today is not my cheat day. I cheated.

I was doing fine all day but then my parents bring home chinese food tonight. Granted, my dad bought me steamed veggie dumplings. I had 3 of those. But seriously, how can I resist some lo mein and rice with soy sauce when I've had a stressful week at work, it's my TOM and my relationship blah's have taken over my sanity?!?! However, it didn't even taste THAT good, I mean, it was good but not something to indulge in. The sad thing is, is that I still haven't fulfilled my calorie intake for today.

So now I am just irritated because tomorrow I am having lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and of course, my cheat was going to be a nice slice of cheesecake to bring home.

So, what do I do? I'm looking at the menu now. I figure I'll at least do a lunch size portion of something and then just eat half of that portion. Maybe if I decide I hate life enough, I'll get the cheesecake and eat the whole damn thing.

Thank you for listening haha. I'm hoping that there are a ton of other people that this happens to as well. Not that I like hearing people being upset about what they're eating but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    If you plan for it - just go to the gym or out for a run and work off those calories!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Mmm cheesecake factory, I see the problem. I would want to use my cheat day there also. It's okay we all make mistake and have bad days. Exercise tonight and then exercise even more tomorrow. When i know i'm going to go out to eat, I try to exercise in the morning. Then I don't feel horrible the whole time i'm eating. Good luck!
  • Don't be so hard on yourself! The coming week you will do extra workouts and stay true to your diet!!! Enjoy the cheese cake but eat it as a reward for you taking charge and focusing next week and the weeks to follow!!!

Good Luck

Patrick
  • It's okay happens to everyone. I have a hard time too, so many temptations!! It's frustrating. Cheesecake also sounds great right about now. Lol! Don't be upset with yourself though. Be happy with the progress you've made and if there is a challenge among the way, over come it. It's all about moderation and balance, you want cheesecake so stay active that day and eat healthy portions. Then start all over with what you have been doing this whole time, eating healthier. Eat your cheesecake!!! Be happy with the progress you have made and don't let cheat days pull you back!! Push forward. :-)
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Don't beat yourself up ( I know, easier said than done). We all have our bad days and make our eating mistakes. I'm an emotional eater myself and I struggle so hard to stay on track everyday. My moto is "tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start". Feel free to friend me if you'd like some encouragement. That's what we're here for, to listen and encourage each other. I mean, afterall, we're all in the same boat!

Good luck!
    Tami
This discussion has been closed.