I GIVE UP!!! – Should You?

Options

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Damn. Just damn. Amazing job! And a great message.

Took the words right out of my mouth!!! You look amazing, great job!!
  • Lakergirl6743
    Options
    You do look amazing, way to go. I am just starting the battle again but love your positive attitude and I will do it this time, and some great advice. Thanks!!
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    I loved reading your commentary! I haven't put it into words yet, but many of the things you say are exactly how I feel - like small calorie reduction and eating back the calories when I feel like it. Sustainable is the key. Slow is the key.

Awesome results!!!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    *rawr*
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I was training in MMA, my instructor wanted to get me down to 140#. I was running (average eight-minute miles) six+ miles six days a week, hours and hours of training, eating as little as 900 calories a day. I got down to 145# and had god-like endurance. However, I felt weak and looked like a little emaciated boy.

I fell off the horse - hard (various factors). Got up to 245#. I'm not yet to my goal, but I'd say I'm much better off than where I was.
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Thanks for the encouraging post!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Good job you look great!!!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    @JohnnyNull: In my younger days I did BJJ -- The only time people did that type of restrictive eating it was for a pre-fight weight cut. If you have that type of mental toughness you'll have no problem getting back to goal weight.

Just make sure you don't do it in an un-healthy manner like I did the first go round.
    I really think that not eating enough and super restrictive diets cause more problems then they actually solve. Furthermore, they create the wrong goal (weight loss) instead of better health...we all really just want to look and feel better.
    ---

I appreciate all of the positive comments! I know they will help keep me motivated.
    Thanks..
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    hey good looking thanks for the inspirational post I will think of you when I feel myself slipping and remember things you have written to pull me right back on track x
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Great pics and great story. i decided a long time ago that I don't care what I weigh, as long as it is a healthy, good looking weight. I am doing cardio plus weight training 3 times a week (can't wait to have time to do P90X again) with the results of losing fat and gaining muscle and am seeing both. One day I hope to have a similar post to yours.

You mentioned in a previous post that ab workouts are a waste of time. Does this pertain to losing stomach fat or gaining the 6 pack?
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,270 Member
    Options
    Great message! I wish everyone understood the wisdom you conveyed! I'm on the same track as you and see it as a journey to a new type of lifestyle. Exercise and healthy eating with occasional indulging...Thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Your insights are great. It truly doesn't matter what you weigh if your body is where you want it to be!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WORD! Uh huh that's a good attitude and great message! WTG
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Nice Job, and Solid Advice.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    you look great, and great advice
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    grunt1: Thank you, sir. I completely agree.
  • iheartmemories
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement!
  • Mimos18
    Mimos18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Insightful and relatable. Nice post!
  • rachieladines
    Options
    WOW OMG WOW
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!