Need a gym that offers childcare

Options
Ok, so I joined Planet Fitness a few months back because their prices had suddenly become phenominal ($10 per month or $20 per month plus tanning and unlimted guest passes with no start-up fee or additional charges) Hard to pass up right?

Well, 4 months later and I have been there a total of 3 times. Don't get me wrong- I want to go! The thing is they offer no childcare and I have a very active two-year old. I'm a SAHM and DH works lots off odd ball hours. Getting a sitter isn't really an option either since we are pretty much on our own in a fairly new city. I kind of think the gym would be a good source of socialing for both the kiddo and I. I think I had convinced myself that I would be able to work out when DH was home but the reality is that I'd rather be there spending what little time he has home with him.

So, what I am wondering is if anybody knows of a reasonably priced (perhaps comparable to PF?) national gym that DOES have childcare on sight.

Replies

• als0317
    als0317 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know some Fitness 19 locations offer free child care.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Mine is not a chain but a smaller gym in a community center and they offer it..maybe look at a community center that has a gym?
  • ashtheginger
    ashtheginger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitness Premier.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The YMCA that I go to offers it, but I don't think it is cheap. If you have one by you, maybe consider checking it out.
  • MeggieBoo85
    Options
    When I was still at Stay at home mom I joined GOLDS Gym for 26 dollars a month after the $5 deduction for having BCBS insurance.....Mine has a sauna, child care, classes, cardio movie room, weight training, just about everything including tanning as well.
  • HW2Hottie
    Options
    Golds Gym, BUT, check what kind of care they provide. Most do not change diapers or feed. They just watch.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but Onelife Fitness has great child care and lots of great classes
  • jltison
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but Club USA Fitness offers childcare and fitness programs for older children. My membership with my 11 year old daughter is $39/month.
  • mislove68
    Options
    I also belong to Golds Gym. I pay 32 after taxes. They have everything and yes they dont feed or change diapers. Which is fine by me!! Over 6 months they watch for 2 hours.

Classes are also free.

You can check into Anytime fitness and go late at night. They are 24 hours and all over the country too.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Some 24 hour fitnesses do. Good luck. I had seen some creative workouts using your kids too.
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness has a Kid's Club in each of the locations I've used. Membership is around $30/month but I don't know if childcare is extra.
  • aprilcox
    Options
    Check with your local YMCA. Most offer free childcare, and Ys do offer discounts to those in need (they call them "scholarships"). It's worth checking on. Also Lifetime Fitness in Michigan offers childcare.

Both of these are expensive to join, but like I said, the Y offers options too. Good luck. I had the same problem the 1st time I tried to loose weight. I eventually gave up. But I'm back at it and my now 2 yr old loves playing in the childcare!