How can I say goodbye to "love handles"?

Options
Okay, so my new years resolution for this year was to finally get down to my recommended weight of 145. I have been doing 1 hour of exercising/ day including Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred-everyday, Zumba, and walking on the tredmill. It seems like I am losing everywhere...but those stubborn love handles are staying put! :( what are some exercises that I can do to help get rid of these? Thank you!

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it may sound weird but bowling when used as an exercise or at least bowling motions with weight will work your love handles and bottom.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, from everything that I have read (although I certainly do NOT profess to be an expert!), you cannot "spot reduce" fat....Essentially, you have to commit to a cardio regime, and you'll continuously lose weight. Typically, the first place that you tend to gain weight (i.e. the stomach, legs, etc.) is the last place that you lose it from! If you continue with a cardio routine, the pounds will drop off, and the love handles will eventually melt away.....

Strength training of your abs and obliques MAY assist you, but basically, cardio is your friend when you are trying to lose weight from any part of your body. Unfortunately, you don't get to choose where you lose it from!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. Your body choses where it wants to lose it. No exercise can make you lose fat on any specific part of your body. The good news is that if you continue to lose weight, you will eventually lose it everywhere, including the areas you want to lose it.

So just keep plugging along, and you'll get there.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i been using jillian michael 6 week 6 pk and it helped me with my love handles
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    There is a 'machine' at the gym that works wonders for me. You kinda lean on the machine which is at about a 70 degree angle. Lean over it then use your sides to pull you back up. Then lean back over and do it again.
  • blcotton
    Options
    Wow, I never knew that...I always thought that you could spot reduce fat, it's good to know that if I keep losing it though that they will eventually go away. I am a very impatient person, but I still have 40lbs to go to reach my goal weight so hopefully I'll start seeing them get smaller soon. I will have to try the Jillian 6pack video too. Thank you to everyone who has responded so far!
  • mislove68
    Options
    Can also try Jillians no more trouble zones.