feel like crying,giving up, and dying :(

Options
i know this isnt a site for people who are somewhwat depressed but i am, and its because of my weight!
im really big and i see no difference and i havent lost any pounds in 2 weeks. i have an obsession with DIET COKE!!!! its horrible and i dont feel motivated AT ALL because i get bullied at school and im ALWAYS thebig girl and i have already went through a depressed/suicidal stage just recently because of bullies. idk what to do ! i just cant lose weight! anyone have suggestions for food and exersize??? :/ what dvds really work?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time. You'll find that it works different for everyone. The only advice I can give you is to be patient, and keep working, and eventually you will see results.

As for bullying, I wish I had some good advice with how to deal with them. Just know that most bullied grow up later in life to miserable, unsuccessful people, while people who were bullied by them go on to live much happier and more successful lives. I used to deal with bullying a lot, and it sucks. But they feed off of getting a reaction out of you. And if you don't let them know that they are getting to you, they will eventually find another person to pick on.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Working on your self-esteem will help a lot. What types of activities do you like? Have you ever tried belly dancing? Or crossfit? Or martial arts? Or taking up a few classes for a sport you like. Doing activities where you can feel a sense of accomplishment make a big difference in improving your motivation and confidence.

Try taking a few classes where you learn something concrete. Ana are awarded with achievement at each step.

It will take a little while for you to lose weight, but you can be comfortable in your skin, no matter what size you are. ANd when you can appreciate yourself it is a lot easier to make good choices. :)

Good luck!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    are you exercising? exercising releases feel good chemicals that naturally help with depression. You know what, use those people who bully and tease you as your motivation ---- Show Them how strong you are! Don't let icky people have control over you - ever. When you say you have an "obsession" how many diet cokes are we talking about? I've read that the aspertime in Diet sodas can stall weight loss -- I like them too, but I limit to a couple a week at first and now I just like/miss the bubbles in soda, so I have sparkling water with Lemon. If you want, open your diary so that it can be seen -
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't give up. I find that working out with Jillian 30 shred is very challenge and she she very motivating try doing it 3 times a week for started then move up . You have 3 different levels. Try that it works for me. You should try to really substitute soda for water with maybe crystal light packets in it. good luck! Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i know this isnt a site for people who are somewhwat depressed but i am, and its because of my weight!
    im really big and i see no difference and i havent lost any pounds in 2 weeks. i have an obsession with DIET COKE!!!! its horrible and i dont feel motivated AT ALL because i get bullied at school and im ALWAYS thebig girl and i have already went through a depressed/suicidal stage just recently because of bullies. idk what to do ! i just cant lose weight! anyone have suggestions for food and exersize??? :/ what dvds really work?

Oh darling, I'm so sorry you feel like this and have gone through all of that, I really am. My daughter is actually going through some stuff like that currently. First off, don't give up. There are people that do care about you and would lose any happiness forever if you were to take your life. You are important and unreplaceable, REALLY. With that said, I would suggest seeing a therapist just so you have somone constant in your life that you can reveal how you are feeling. My daughter litterally said, "I've always been the biggest"....She is 11 and has gone through A LOT. I'm only telling you this because I think that you should know that not only are you not alone, but there is kids and even adult that are constantly being picked on for whatever. I'm sure you heard it all before such as, "Don't let them get to you", "There are just jealous"...etc...however, you need to tell yourself that you will no longer put up with this and let anyone take away your happiness. You can lose weight. It all comes in baby steps; slow and steady. That is healthy and that is what will work for your entire life if you stick to getting healthy versus getting thin. I am here for support if you want it and I'll motivate you if you like; please remember you are not alone and that you are here on this earth for a reason. You obviously love and care about yourself otherwise you wouldn't be on here hon, and that is awesome! Take one day at a time, follow the calorie plan and exercise! Before I started this, I hated exercise but now I crave it because it does increase ones endorphines and makes you feel good. Hang in there, you can do it and then you can look back and see all the progress you have made dispite everything. :flowerforyou:
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    ok, I looked at your profile...

First and foremost, you are a VERY pretty young woman! I mean that.

Your food diary, try adding in more fruit and vegetables ---- I think you'll be surprised :)
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i know how you feel, i was like that when i was in school. i felt like that when i was out of school. until 2008 i met a wonderful man who brought life back into me. all i can say is take one day at a time see if your counselor can help you to get into some kind of a workout. there is a site on the computer call exercise tv they have workouts, there's biggest loser's dvds you can get at walmart for $ 10.00 dollars. or you can get other workout dvds at walmart. you can get a any kind of workout tools at walmart, like the portable pilates studio you can do it before you get ready for school. get up early and do so many push ups, squats, sit ups, planks or just listen to some rock or hip hop music and do some dancing. maybe before your first classes started walk around your gym, track. just do anything to stay active, wear nice clothes and fix your hair up, just look nice. and when you lose just say 5lbs. reward your self with a new top and just keep going. i know you can. if i can do it, i know you can. i've lost about 60 something pounds abd i have about 30 something more to lose. i've been under alot of stress, but i've been keeping myself busy by walking our little dog and do workouts. i've been eating a little terrible but i make it up by working out. just drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruits and veg. and watch your fat intake. i hope this has help you some, just don't give up and your chin held high.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oh my dont get like that!, I was always fat and ugly in school, I got teased, but never let it get to me, you gotta be strong and live your life. your here with us in the same path . You need to leave those cokes and drink something better, any exercise you do and put all your effort into will help, you need to help yourself first!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It isn't a quick fix. Sometimes doing everything right doesn't produce success right away, either. But if you keep at it, it is all good in the overall picture. Think overall picture, not day by day.

Have you seen the "It gets better" video's on you tube? They are all about how it gets better. It was started for gay people, but it really applies to everyone. It gets better! High School is hard. School councelors and other people do care and will help if you keep asking you will find someone that will listen and relate.

Have you ever volunteered or helped younger kids? Helping a younger kid who needs it will really show you how much you can be for someone else. They give you something back when you see that you have really impacted them in their life, too. Or consider helping at an animal shelter. Pets love unconditionally. People are not as good at that! But they should be, and some are.

Lots ahead for you if you keep on keeping on. But skinny alone does not make you happy. That is a whole seperate thing you work on. Make that message in your head one that you would use to your own child if you had one. Would you talk nice to her? Talk nice to yourself and know you are worthwhile and will become all you try to be in time. It takes a lot of trying. Plenty of us are still trying to get it right!
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ok, I looked at your profile...

First and foremost, you are a VERY pretty young woman! I mean that.

Your food diary, try adding in more fruit and vegetables ---- I think you'll be surprised :)
    awe thank you so much!!
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. It is hard enough trying to lose weight but being bullied must add to the problem. All I can say is never, never give up. You are worth more than you will ever know, and GOD has a purpose for your life. Don't let the bullies win!
    Have you ever tried putting your thoughts on paper or in a blog. I find this helps a lot. My blog is www.upliftingdevotions.com
    I have struggled with weight all my life, and I am so glad that my daughter introduced me to this site because it holds me accountable. Like today I was way over my calories, and let me tell you it took me a long time to write down all that I ate, but it opened my eyes when I saw approximately how many calories I had today! :( So tomorrow is a new day and a clean slate so I will get up and start over. Good luck, and never let anyone steal your dream!
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't give your power away to anything not food, not bullies, not bad parents. It is your life and you are the only one who can change it. I know, i was just like you, i am 30 now, and i didn't feel better about myself till my late twenties. you are more powerful than you think. and ask the universe/ GOD/ whatever you believe in for help. Say God please help me for the next five minutes to not eat anything bad, and it will work if you want your power back that is. you can do it!! Peace and love.
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone !
    yall are all very caring people and i wish you all luck on your weight loss <3
  • gemini53
    gemini53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My son was always made fun of I remember a kid said how much do you weigh now? he said 700 pounds why? It was hilarious the look on the brats face.
    My son has been doing Atkins diet thats working for him. As for exercise find something that you think is fun. A lot of people like zumba. Do you have Wii?
    Wii has golds gym boxing That might be just the ticket. You can picture you bullies give them a right hook and slim down. Always weigh and measure your food It amazing what a portion actually is.
    I used to walk around a track when I was upset. Now I have a foot problem I am old.
  • woodsnwind
    Options
    Actually, if you find a water that you like, like crystal geyser, my fave, the soft drinks start tasting weird. I was bullied alot in school too, for being smart. it gets much better as you get older. The bullies are ejits, and to be ignored unless they do physical harm to you. I completely recommend exercise, and the best is the video games if you can't get to a gym. get yourself some "workout clothes" so you know you are doing something special for yourself and have fun! And the fruits and veggies do HELP! Fiber is the thing, and water, along with exercise.

You Are Not Alone.