Hello

Options
HI everyone! I am a 29 year old single mother of 3. I work night shifts at a local hospital and have gained almost 30lbs since i started here. I found this site while doing a project for school. I am so glad I did. I have never kept a food diary before and it is going really well. I was surprised at how much i had been eating and what i have decided not to eat because I didnt want to have to write it down. It helps that my best friend is doing this with me, she keeps me going. It is hard working at night because all meal times are messed up and working 12 hour shifts leaves little time for more than sleep and school, so I am trying to walk here on my lunch and finish eating before midnight. I know it is going to be a long hard journey but I cant wait to reach my goal. I know I will get there, Im in it for the long haul this time.

Replies

• bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome! If you need a friend feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • kdmoser
    Options
    Welcome, I am new, too. I've been on here a week, and I love it. I wish you well. Best Wishes.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • mindeemoo25
    mindeemoo25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work nights as a nurse, too, and I've been lucky that I've only gained 5 pounds since I started. It really is hard for the metabolism when you eat a meal at midnight! I've found that with this website, I refrain from eating big meals @ the hospital, but I snack on little things every 2-3 hours...mostly nutritious stuff. Good luck :) I've only been doing this website for about 1 week and I've not seen any WEIGHT loss but I do look leaner and my clothes are a bit baggier. You know its time to lose weight when your scrubs start getting tight :o)