HELP with movie snacks???

Options
Hubby wants to take me to dinner and a movie tomorrow. Dinner is Subway, which is healthy.
However, I HAVE to snack at the movies, I just have to.

Please share some "homemade" snacks that I can shove in my purse and take with me???

Replies

• oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    personally i'd bring some rice cakes or something and drink water. The rice cakes are salty to get that fix, but that's just me :)

Goodluck :)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Homemade popcorn! You can use less oil and sprinkle on some salt or a little butter flavoring. A LOT less calories than the popcorn you'd get at the theater and way cheaper!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Roasted pumpkin seeds are fantastic. Lots of roughage, and you can get them in flavours these days. Mmmm, dill pickle!

A small movie popcorn with no added butter isn't that bad, either.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    Roasted pumpkin seeds are fantastic.

Never would have thought of that! Yum!!
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie microwave popcorn bags. That is what I bring to the movies. Pop it at home and put it in my purse...I like the butter flavor and the kettle corn (Orville Reddenbacher and Pop Secret both make them).
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    As others have stated...

Homemade popcorn and I would include a bottle of water for yourself. Its a lot cheaper plus healthier! If you want something sweet, cut up some fruit and bring that along. Its weird yes, but usually we just like having our mouths go, its not real hunger.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • pokloness
    Options
    try eating and filling up before you go and just drink the water. I dont think a handfull of unbuttered popcorn will hurt. I try to eat and fill up right before I go.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    peel and tear apart the sections of a few clementines and put them in a zip lock bag. Only 35 cals each for the whole piece of fruit. Sweet as candy.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Granola bar? Nuts? I like the rice cake idea mentioned earlier! I love the 90-calorie Quaker cinnamon streusel minis. And they also have some delicious chocolate mint ones too!!