Advice for me please?HELP..

andreacord
andreacord Posts: 928
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Today, which is not as much as I usually do, but I did a 11.5 minute mile, burnt 110 calories and burnt 225 cals in 20 minutes on the elliptical. I usually do more and I was a little sluggish today, but I did 16 minutes of strength training as well from various Jillian Michaels DVDs. Be honest, do I need to ramp it up? My usual workout is 500-600 calories between jogging, elliptical and the bike on cardio days, and on days when i strength train i try to burn 300-400 cals between elliptical and jogging, then the rest off in Jillian Michaels intereval style toning. I still need to lose 15 pounds by my prom, which is 4 months away, and i'm 3.5 away from having to get my dress taken in. The advice would REALLLY be appreciated as i've been sluggish lately, and need to lose a pound or more a week to meet my goal :(

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    I definately think you need an easier workout day (or just a day off) at least once a week for the muscles to heal. The amount of calories you're burning sounds awesome- I usually need to work out twice a day to reach that many calories burned. Keep up the good work, but try not to over-do it! Good luck on your weight loss!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Yea sounds like you could use a rest day or even a rest week. I've been doing running training programs for increasing distances and one thing they all have in common is called a 'taper week' where every 3-4 weeks you take a week of lighter and less frequent workouts to give your body (and mind) time to recover. Maybe you could incorporate something like that?
  • Thank you for the advice, I've just feel sort of failed lately because we had pizza last night.. and again today for lunch! my energy levels also have plummetted lately, that's probably something to do with sleep, in turn i don't work as hard as i could
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Today, which is not as much as I usually do, but I did a 11.5 minute mile, burnt 110 calories and burnt 225 cals in 20 minutes on the elliptical. I usually do more and I was a little sluggish today, but I did 16 minutes of strength training as well from various Jillian Michaels DVDs. Be honest, do I need to ramp it up? My usual workout is 500-600 calories between jogging, elliptical and the bike on cardio days, and on days when i strength train i try to burn 300-400 cals between elliptical and jogging, then the rest off in Jillian Michaels intereval style toning. I still need to lose 15 pounds by my prom, which is 4 months away, and i'm 3.5 away from having to get my dress taken in. The advice would REALLLY be appreciated as i've been sluggish lately, and need to lose a pound or more a week to meet my goal :(

You did a mile today and only burnt 110 calories? That seems really low.

Sluggish feeling can be low iron, low vitamin D, not enough food consumed...look into those things.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    i agree w/the day off. I've been working with a personal trainer so i'll relay what he's told me. The carbs in the pizza is messing you up... my trainer says not to mix fat & carbs... only protein/fat & protein carbs. i think you could increase the calories by runnig on an incline of 2. If i run 1 mile w/incline of 2 in 11.5 min i burned about 150 calories according to treadmill... i also read you shouldn't work the same muscle groups more than once a week but that could be when you are doing more serious weight training.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member

Sluggish feeling can be low iron, low vitamin D, not enough food consumed...look into those things.

It seems about right to me! :flowerforyou:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member

I burn almost 300 calories doing a mile. Maybe its other factors. I use HRM also.

It seems about right to me! :flowerforyou:
  • I run it on an incline of 6.. haha. i think the calorie counter on the treadmill is off.
This discussion has been closed.