can i really do this? 10-15lbs in just a little over a month

jar3827
jar3827 Posts: 11
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
ok, so i have been doing this for about a week now... i havent done my weigh in for the week yet, i am kind of dreading it because i feel like i havent lost an ounce!
i try to eat atleast semi-healthy... lots of veggies lean meats not lots of cookies. :P
so do you think its crazy for me to hope to lose 10-14lbs by mid march (about 4-5 wks) ?? i mean the site seems to say i could do it, but i am not sure i believe it... i havent changed my eating habits alot alot since starting here... i get off my butt a little more and exercise but i mostly just try to eat good foods and not binge on chips and cookies often. soo am i really gonna see a change this quick or is it asking too much?
and how do i know if i am eating enough to not be in starvation mode for sure... i am trying to stick close to what it says, and i dont feel hungry...
thoughts?? opinions? any extra advice you feel like giving?

Replies

• cat364
    cat364 Posts: 14
    The health experts would say no more than 1 to 2lbs a week, so 10lbs in 5 weeks is realistic. I also think that when you start out and you don't see the results you can be put off, but don't be and keep up the good work. I have been trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year, and having previously done Weightwatchers, find this really useful. I have lost just over half a stone!! : ))
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    possible !! go for it and yest do try to work out more
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Your mental attitude will be a huge part of your success. You must believe you can do it. You may not lose the exact amount you would like in that time but if you stick to your calorie allowance, make healthy food choices and incorporate lots of exercise into your routine you'll come pretty close.

Stay positive, get very active and you will see results. All the best
    :laugh:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    It's going to be tough, but it is possible. However, you are more likely to see 5-7 pounds, since you only have a little bit to lose.

Just make sure you are doing it healthily and carefully, and don't pay attention to the "you will weigh x in 5 weeks" thing that you see at the bottom of your diary. It's just based off of simple math, and doesn't calculate how your body loses weight. Sometimes eating less is not better. make sure you get enough calories in your diet if you want to lose it the healthy way.
  • tarjake
    tarjake Posts: 56 Member
    The health experts would say no more than 1 to 2lbs a week, so 10lbs in 5 weeks is realistic. I also think that when you start out and you don't see the results you can be put off, but don't be and keep up the good work. I have been trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year, and having previously done Weightwatchers, find this really useful. I have lost just over half a stone!! : ))
    [/quot
    13 pound to the stone, right? good job!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    it is possible but more so because you are starting out in the first 2 weeks you tend to lose a bit more as your body adjust to a new diet and exercise routine then it will stat to even out to 1-2lb per week with 14lb to a stone you should be able to lose that this month not necessarily any other month after x
This discussion has been closed.