This time I'm going to do it!

Options
Hey everyone! I recently joined MyFitnessPal because someone at work recommended it. We started a "Biggest Loser" contest at school and we are all in it together - about 30 people have joined. We are going to encourage one another and do things like walk together and exercise together. Even though I don't have a lot to lose, I know it will be a battle for me. I lost about 25 pounds a few years back following the South Beach Diet. And even though it worked, I don't know how realistic it is in terms of everyday eating. So I have gained about 17 lbs back and it's time to get rid of it. Not only do I want to look better and be able to wear all the clothes that are just hanging in my closet, but I want to lower my cholesterol and get my heart healthy. So, a big hello to you all and wishing you success on your weight loss journey. You can do it!

Replies

• christydufrene78
    Options
    This web-site is so helpful. THe people here are wonderful!! Wish you all the best wishes on a healthier life. Best regards. Christy
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Make it a "lifestyle" change not a diet. The word "diet" refers to what you eat and should be used as such. If you make lifestyle changes such as quantity and quality of what you eat it will become a habit to eat that way. I have found that since I started reading labels, really reading labels, of what I purchase at the store that I have been purchasing items that are much healthier for my body. At first it was very time consuming when I shopped but now I know what to buy so it's become much faster.
    We are glad that you are here and welcome to the family.
  • dthompson17
    Options
    Good Luck to you! We are doing the same thing at school and it is exciting! Hope you have success.