Simple lunch ideas

Options
I'm looking for some ideas of what to have for lunch, preferably something quite high protein but I don't have any fresh meat in like chicken. I'd usually have a sandwich but it's gets so boring having the same thing over and over.
Things I could make with tuna would be good apart from the usual tuna mayo. Main things I have at the moment to use, bread, pasta, eggs, tuna, cheese, pasta sauce, salad stuff (lettuce, peppers, tomatoes), several herbs and spices. I don't mind having to cook as long as reasonably quick to make.
Any ideas would be helpful :)
Thanks

Replies

• dawnslaughter
    Options
    mix the tuna and the pasta sauce have with a small amount of pasta and some salad
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    if you cook extra pasta you can portion it out in to the fridge to add to other salads
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love to have cottage cheese with cucumbers and tomatoes and dill mixed together. It is delicious! At least I think so. Then I add in some whole wheat crackers and a piece of fruit.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Smoked Turkey Tortillas Sandwich

Tia Rosa - Yellow Corn Tortillas- Traditional Size, 2 tortillas 110 25 1 3 0 2
    Great Value - Finely Shredded Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1/3 cup 80 0 6 7 0 0
    Dole - Baby Spinach, 0.99 oz (about cups) 7 1 0 1 0 1
    Avocado - Raw , 1/5 medium (30g / 1oz) 50 3 5 1 0 1
    Hillshire Farm - Deli Select Ultra Thin Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast, 2 ounces 50 1 1 9 0 0

Place turkey and cheese on tortilla, place 2nd tortilla on top. Dampen a paper towel and lay over plate, place in microwave and heat until cheese starts to melt. Then remove top tortilla and add spinach and avocado. Replace top tortilla and enjoy. (you can split the ingredients up and place half on each tortilla and roll them up and make a wrap)

Total: 297 calories, 30 g carbs, 13 g fat, 21 g protein, 0 g sugar, 4 g fiber
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, they sound so nice esp the cucumber, tomato and cottage cheese one, definately getting some of that in next time I do the shop! Going to go for the pasta, sauce and tuna w/ salad for now since I have all those ingredients already :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have all of the ingredients right now, but pita pizzas are an awesome and easy lunch option. How I usually make mine:

Greek pita
    Pizza sauce
    Red onion
    Hot peppers
    Mozzarella

You could add precooked ground turkey/ chicken or a bit of lean ground beef for protein, use a whole grain pita or English muffin, or use salsa or healthy pasta sauce in place of the pizza sauce. Topping options are endless.

__

Homemade egg "mcmuffins" are another good option. English muffin, egg, cheese, and you can add a strip of precooked turkey bacon.