Any Ideas?

Options
Hey you guys!! I am looking for some good tutorials on youtube of workouts I have found a few but I wanted to know if you knew of any?

Also, does anyone have some good routines that they do that burn calories fast?? I have to work until about 2 or 4 today and I am suppossed to do my second day of running for couch to 5k when I get back. I have a good idea of how many calories I burn doing that but I need some more....any ideas??

Any ideas of some cardio or strenght ideas that burn calories quick will be much appreciated!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks!

Replies

• Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred(I'm taking 60) and it is a bootie kicker literally! But burns muy calories off and in the week that I have been doing it I am already seeing a difference...who knows might end up doing it in 45. Love/hate it! :-):laugh:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the 30 day shred
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the 30 day shred too, I LOVE this work out! I burn around 300 cals in just 20 mins in level 1 and around 350cals in levels 2 and 3. And it includes both cardio, strength and ab work.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    HeyBulldog,
    It really depends upon the intensity of your workouts. You can run 5 miles at a slow pace or you an run at a fast pace. The faster pace will burn more calories.

When I do cardio I use a heart rate monitor. For an hour on the elliptical, I will burn about 650 calories with an average heart rate of 135 bpm. If I pick that up to a higher average heart rate, then I will naturally burn more.

It's not really a question of workouts that burn calories quickly, but better yet, it's a question of the intensity and lenght of your workouts. Oh and if you are doing weight workouts, you don't burn as many calories in an hour as you would doing cardio because you don't sustain your heart rate.

If you want to know the number of calories you are burning per workout, get a heart rate monitor and start tracking your workouts. As you increase your intensity over the same time frame, you will burn more calories.

Hope that helps some.