Crock pot ideas with Chicken?????

Options
LataviaD
LataviaD Posts: 13 Member
I've heard of so many recipes with low calories but i don't remember any. If you have any ideas such as Salsa Chicken or etc in the crock pot please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• SoldierWife99
    Options
    www.recipes.sparkpeople.com do a search for low calorie crock pot recipes. There are hundreds, all with nutritional values. I must have printed off 20 recipes from here, and so far, soooo good!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. I have long days this semester and am super unwilling to cook when I'm getting home!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You can do the chicken and salsa in the crock pot, then shred up the chicken and use it for tacos. I have done this once, it was pretty good. Other wise, there are hundreds of variations of chicken soups that are really good in the CP.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    For pulled barbecue chicken, I put boneless skinless breasts in the crockpot with maybe 2 cups chicken broth and then enough water to ensure that it won't cook out. I season the liquid with whatever I have, including italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and grill seasoning. I also sometimes add a packet of lipton onion soup mix.

Cook it on low for 6-8 hours, then shred it with a fork and add your favorite BBQ sauce. We eat it on Arnold Sandwich Thins.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Another good crockpot recipe site is http://www.slowandsimple.com

And salsa chicken is easy: one chicken (parts or whole--your choice) into the crockpot, and pour in one 16-oz jar of your favorite red or green salsa (I use Kroger brand because it's cheap). Crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.

I generally prefer to leave my chicken skinned and defatted but whole, and then stuff a chopped up onion and a few extra peppers in the body cavity, but my husband prefers to separate the chicken first and add the peppers to the pot.

Either way, it comes out great.
  • mislove68
    Options
    I cook the chicken alone for 6 hours then make vegi's.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Mexican Crockpot Chicken and Black Beans

Ingredients
    * Tyson 99% FF chicken breast, 16 oz (remove)
    * hot salsa, 6 tbsp
    * organic tomatoes, 794 gram(s) (large can)
    * Goya Black Beans, 2 cup (one can)
    * Onions, raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
    * Green Peppers (bell peppers), .5 cup, chopped
    * Old el Paso Refried Beans - Fat Free, .75 cup

Directions
    Add all ingredients to crockpot, cook on low 8-10hours. Serve alone, or over brown rice or salad. Can top with FF cheese and Sour cream.

Number of Servings: 6

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 196.6
    Total Fat: 1.0 g
    Cholesterol: 46.7 mg
    Sodium: 818.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 26.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 6.9 g
    Protein: 25.5 g
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

I made this chicken taco chili last weekend and it was AWESOME! We had it as chili on Saturday, and then Sunday I added a little corn starch to it to thicken it up because my husband wanted it more like a salsa to eat on chips for the Super Bowl. It was great both way! I played with the spices a lot, but other than that, the recipe was really great!
  • bandungbaby
    Options
    I threw a recipe on this site for pulled chicken in a crock pot.

Real simple:

2 Chicken Breasts (apx 14 ounces)
    1 cup Beef Broth (you can use low sodium if you want)
    1/4 cup Coffee
    1 tsp Lemon Juice
    3 crusched Garlic Cloves
    1 tbsp BBQ Sauce.

In a pinch it really tastes just as good with just chicken, the broth, and the coffee. Add the BBQ later to whatever dosage you desire.

All ingredients in the crock pot; try to get the chicken at the lowest point.
    8 hours on Medium Heat.
    Pull out the chicken, drip dry over the pot and then mash with a fork in a bowl until "pulled".
    Makes about 4 servings for sandwiches or just eat plain. You can mix in a bit more BBQ sauce to taste and to moisten.

Make it all the time before work; 12 hours on low should do it as well. I throw them in frozen right out of the freezer; can't get any easier. You can double the recipe and have leftovers for later.
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG I love this topic right now! Bought some chicken at the store today and wanted to make it in the crock pot but have nooooo ideas lol....hopefully now I can figure out what I'm gunna do with it.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    This is what is going in my crockpot right now...and it smells awesome....
    Cheesy Salsa Chicken
    16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
    taco seasoning
    1 can of Campbell's condensed cheese soup
    1 cup of salsa

I lay the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot, sprinkle the taco seasoning on it (to taste). Pour (or spoon on) the cheese soup over that, then pour in the salsa. Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

From here it can go lots of directions, I like to take it out and shred it, then put it back in and mix it all up and put it in pita's with taco sauce and a little bit of cheese. I've heard some recipes add sour cream, but I leave that out b/c of the fat. You could put it over some brown rice, or spanish rice or serve whole with refried beans....whatever you can think of! My crockpot has become my ultimate healthy eating tool!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    yummy, the recipes website didnt work! :(
  • LataviaD
    LataviaD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks I need all the Crockpot ideas i can possible have.