HRM chest straps

amccrazgrl
amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you actually wash yours in the wash/dryer like it says? I'm not sure I want to do that because I think where the transmitter clips on shouldn't be washed.
I just wash with water and skip the middle where the transmitter clips on.

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    i actually just take the strap into the shower with me, soap it up and hang it on the shower curtain rod to dry. i do wash the entire strap, but i feel better about not completely submerging it in water. also, that way i always know where it's at!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    When I bought mine, I was told the washer was ok - but not the dryer.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Do you actually wash yours in the wash/dryer like it says? I'm not sure I want to do that because I think where the transmitter clips on shouldn't be washed.
    I just wash with water and skip the middle where the transmitter clips on.

Yes I wash mine in the washer. I tie it up in a sock. If washing it would harm it I don't think the makers would suggest doing it after a certain amount of uses. Your sweat & dead skin is a breeding ground for bacteria to grow. Hand washing it constantly isn't going to get rid of it.
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Mine takes a shower with me too - but I like the idea of putting it in a sock as posted above to protect it a little from the grind of a washing machine.
This discussion has been closed.