Buffalo Wild Wings??

sassylilmama
sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Is there anything at all there I can eat and not kill my calorie or sodium count? We have a double date with some friends there on Sunday and I plan on eating super healthy for breakfast and lunch but know even then it will be hard to go out and eat without going over. I looked in the food database but for some of the same foods there were different listings and counts listed. Any ideas?

Replies

• Dinner salad and have some wings. Enjoy yourself.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    I would check the website ultimately for the most accurate nutrition facts!! But most importantly, have fun! :)
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    DO NOT EAT THE WINGS OR THE RANCH!!! THE BEST THING TO GET IS THE NAKED TENDERS. I GOT THE NAKED TENDERS AND THE WEDGES AND ATE HALF MY PORTION OF WEDGES.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    If their nutritional info isn't available on their website then find their contact e-mail and send in a request for the info. I do it all the time and have only had one place tell me they don't have it.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Chicken wrap with grilled chicken vs fried. Eat half or remove half the tortilla and eat it all. Grilled chicken salad dressing on the side.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/buffalo-wild-wings/
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    I usually eat half of the southwest chicken wrap (take some home ) and all of my chips and salsa for about 600 calories... and water :(
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    *drool* Buffalo wings are my ultimate weakness. I can't remember the last time I had them.
    Enjoy yourself.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Definitely get the "Naked" wings. It's really just strips of grilled chicken, and pick a non-creamy dipping sauce for it (NOT THE RANCH!). Get a side salad with dressing on the side and you've got plenty of protein and some veggies. I ate wings yesterday and got just 5 grilled chicken tenders, quite tasty and my meal was around 350 calories.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    my advice - get a good workout in that day and the day after - enjoy your dinner!!
  • Well When I went about a week ago I had a Boca Burger and a Side Salad !
  • shellster74
    shellster74 Posts: 3 Member
    I am not as committed to making the best choices like the rest of the posters on here. I say as long as you prepare yourself, light breakfast and lunch you should be able to have just about anything. But be prepared to squeeze in an exercise afterwards, even if it's just going for a walk for a half hour or so. Sometimes we worry so much about what we are eating that in gets in the way of the reasons we are there in the first place. Once you are aware of what you are eating you tend to make better choices regardless of the occasion and if you have been doing this for a while trust me, your body will tell you on it's own when you've had enough. I binged at the Olive Garden last night in celebration of reaching my 30pnds lost. I admit I overdone it but 4 mths ago I would have overdone it even worse. I enjoyed myself and now I don't need to visit the Olive Garden until I lose another 30pnds. But on a serious note, you can't stop living so choose what's best for you (you will figure it out) and enjoy yourself with your friends.
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    I absolutely love BWW! A group of us at work have decided to have biweekly gatherings there to just hang out (if the snow would ever go away). Obviously I had to find something to eat there cause I wasn't going to miss out. It depends on what your calorie goal is but I have a couple things I can get there and still enjoy a couple beers. You can get an order of 6 naked tenders (260 calories) covered in your favorite sauce (varies but usually around 50 calories). You can also get a side of potato wedges (280 calories). The grilled chicken sandwich isn't bad either (470 calories). BWW does have the menu online so definitely check it out to find out what works for you and your goals.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone! The link for their nutrition info was especially helpful.
This discussion has been closed.