Indoor Swim and Run Transition Question

RaeN81
RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I have a race coming up--300m swim and 3 km run (indoors). It is my first race and I am trying to prepare for the transition between swimming and running. Do I change out completely, or simply run in my swim suit---do I wear socks or not--how much do I need to change and how do I set that up. Is it worth getting a tri suit so that I do not have to worry about changing...I know it may not matter that much but I want to be prepared for this part of the race and not be mad at myself for stalling out in the changing room!

Replies

• I am training to run a triathlon too. I'm not 100% sure if I have the right answers, but from what I've seen my friends do, they keep their suit on and put their running clothes over top, complete with socks.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    I would not buy a tri suit for the first one but if you keep doing them you will want one, Do not take the swim suit off, throw your running shorts on over the swimsuit. If you are well endowed it is common to wear a sport bra undser the swimsuit. Regarding socks, he top performers do not wear them so as to save time in transitiol. Me personally I always put them on. It is your choice and it is done both ways.. Practice your transitions. Seconds can make a difference in a race.
This discussion has been closed.