Looking for a really good workout DVD to do in the morning??

SherryJDI
SherryJDI Posts: 21
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Everyone,
I am needing a really good cardio work out DVD to do in the morning before work... I want something that will get my heart rate up but doesn't take up alot of time and that won't cost so much..... Any suggestions?????

Thanks!!!!
Sherry

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Well...my fav is anything by Chalene Johnson---TurboFire or TurboJam.Its not cheap though, they run just over $100 for the program. But she is da bomb! I regard her as my personal trainer. Also, yahoo voted Kickboxing as the #1 best overall workout just last week.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    there are lots onDemand and on Netflix, if you have either of those.
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    30 Day Shred is a good one only cost about 10 bucks
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred....worth every penny!!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    a lot of people are saying 30 day shred mine is on the way I hope its as good as everyone is saying x
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Jillian Michaels has a number of 30 minute dvds that you can get at walmart, target, or amazon for around $10. I'm doing the shred right now.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    30 Day Shred is a good one only cost about 10 bucks

I agree. It's about 30 minutes and she'll kick your *kitten*. :smile:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Jillian Michaels. Her workout DVDs are all good. I alternate them to prevent myself get bored from doing the same routines. Also avoid my body get used to the same too.
  • If you have a WII, Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum is a good one.
  • How about the Leslie Sansone DVD -- there are 5, one mile intervals on there -- each are only 12 minutes long. It is over before you know it and you burn about 45 calories for every one mile session. The tape cost around $9 -- very inexpensive.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Jackie Warner's Dvd's, I have 1 that has 15 minute workouts and only $10:bigsmile:
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    IMO, 30-day shred doesn't have a lot of cardio - there's only like 6 minutes total? Or is it 8? Since you specifically said cardio, that may not be what you're looking for. Lots of people love it - I think it's only "ok" - I like lots of other videos better.

My favorite cardio workout is Advanced Cardio Blast from The FIRM. It really works me really hard - I think it's only around 25 minutes (not counting warm up and cool down). Others I like are Express Cardio and Ultimate Calorie Blaster, both of those are also from The FIRM, they are also great but low impact. I like them because they are mostly cardio, but do have some toning type of work built in.

A great site to look for videos is http://www.collagevideo.com. You can preview all the videos and they have tons of reviews. Shipping is fast too (I never upgrade shipping). I don't think the ones I mentioned are on there right now, but you can get them other places. They are really worth checking into (you'll need a step).
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    I agree with the 30 Day shred. I did it before moving onto Turbo Jam. I also workout in the morning before work, I'm up at 4:30 working out.
    I'm starting P90x next week after I fininsh Turbo Jam.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I like "10 Minute Solution Hot Body Boot Camp." There are 5 separate workouts, each about 10 minutes long. You can choose one or all five depending on how much time you have. They are:
    1. Hot Body Cardio
    2. Ab Assault
    3. Rock Bottom Sculpt
    4. Calorie Blasting Drills
    5. Better Body Stretch
    The instructor is Amy Bento. A set of handweights and a towel are recommended for the workout.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    How about the Leslie Sansone DVD -- there are 5, one mile intervals on there -- each are only 12 minutes long. It is over before you know it and you burn about 45 calories for every one mile session. The tape cost around $9 -- very inexpensive.
    I have to disagree. These are walking DVDs; they will not get your heart rate up where you need it to be.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    IMO, 30-day shred doesn't have a lot of cardio - there's only like 6 minutes total? Or is it 8? Since you specifically said cardio, that may not be what you're looking for. But lots of people love it .

My favorite cardio working is Advanced Cardio Blast from The FIRM. It really works me really hard - I think it's only around 25 minutes (not counting warm up and cool down). Others I like are Express Cardio and Ultimate Calorie Blaster, both of those are also from The FIRM, they are also great but low impact. I like them because they are mostly cardio, but do have some toning type of work built in.

A great site to look for videos is http://www.collagevideo.com. You can preview all the videos and they have tons of reviews. Shipping is fast too (I never upgrade shipping). I don't think the ones I mentioned are on there right now, but you can get them other places. They are really worth checking into (you'll need a step).

Yay! Someone else who likes The FIRM!!! Seems like everyone is doing either 30 Day Shred, Chalean, or P90X!! I thought I was the only person here using The FIRM DVD's!! You're getting a friend request from me... LOL

I have a number of DVD's by the FIRM, and I love them. Ultimate Calorie Blaster is one that I do a lot, and also Supercharged Sculpting and Aerobic Body Shaping. But those all require the TransFIRMer steps. I recently purchased two DVD's by them that have 4 workouts on each and quite a few of them have 25 minute Express options for when you are short on time. They only require hand weights and a sculpting band, and the one that requires the band came with one. And they are only around $15 each. They're called Total Body Makeover and Ultimate Fat Burning Collection.

I am doing the 30 Day Shred right now, and I am not liking it as much. It's very hard on my knees and wrists, and I have problems in those areas. Jillian does kick your butt in those 20 minutes, though. And for only have a few minutes of strictly cardio, she keeps my heart pumping the whole time. The key is that you are getting your heart rate up during the cardio, but since you keep moving through the circuits you keep your heart rate up even when you're doing strength moves and ab work. It's an intense 20 minutes!
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Even though the 30 Day Shred only technically has 6 min of cardio, it still keeps your heart rate up throughout the entire workout. It's all non-stop, so you get the benifits of strength/resistance along with the cardio. I highly recommend it!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Even though the 30 Day Shred only technically has 6 min of cardio, it still keeps your heart rate up throughout the entire workout. It's all non-stop, so you get the benifits of strength/resistance along with the cardio. I highly recommend it!

I agree, when I do it, I feel like my HR is up the whole time (although not like it would be doing straight cardio). I didn't mean to imply anything different. But when I'm looking for cardio, I'm looking for something different than that. I have many other videos that I use when I want cardio - only because I'm looking for 'more' cardio. I do the shred (or better yet - the 500 Calorie Workout from The FIRM) when I want to focus on strength. I feel they are more "circuit training" than all-out cardio. Not saying there's no cardio in circuit training - I just prefer to save that for when I want to really focus on strength. The ones I mentioned just focus more on cardio. Just a personal preference.
  • OK guys,
    You all gave me some good choices... I think I might try the 30 day shred... but I am still listening to any other suggestions???

Sherry
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    I vote for Firm DVDs. I saw some inexpensive ones at Target the other day that only require dumbbells. I do the SuperCharged Sculpting, which is only 35 minutes, but it requires the TransFirmer or some other sort of tall step for all the tall box climbs.
This discussion has been closed.