Hi everyone

Options
I just recently joined the site thanks to the recommendation of a friend. At 47 I have come to realize that it just gets easier for me to gain weight ( a lot harder to lose it again). Like many people my age I have tried different diet plans and have always managed to get right back to where I started soon after trying to eat like a normal person again. For me, at this time, this is a life change. I go to the local gym 5-6 times a week and do both cardio and strength training, track my BMI, lean muscle mass, etc and feel great to know that I have finally come to understand how important eating right and exercising are for anyone. I can't stop myself from aging but I can do it with a smaller, healthier body. Good luck everyone.

Replies

• paulettac
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I'm the same as you. As I get older it's much harder to lose the extra weight.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I can definitely relate to you since at 51 I have noticed over the past few years that even watching what I eat it seems almost impossible to lose anything. I have been on the site for about a month and have lost a little (very slowly), but it has been a great experience and I consider even my small weightloss a victory. Please friend me if you would like so we can encourage each other. Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • WENDYRJ
    Options
    My daughter is also on the site. We both want to start being healthier and this is a great help with that.
  • hunkahunka
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I too was finding the pounds creeping on. MFP has really help me understand how many calories are in food.
    The need for balance in ones life. I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you already have a great start. If you would like a friend add me.
    Brad
  • cbreen90
    Options
    You go, mom! I know you can do this!!! I love you bunches :)