Weekend Support

Options
Does anyone struggle on the weekends, when at home with family or out visiting family..Who are constantly eating? Im very structured during the week and am always right on with my calories or just below..Seems that all I've accomplished goes out the door on my 1 day off (Sunday) Its always a challenge and we are never home. This weekend just so happens to be my sons 10th birthday and of course there is pizza and cake involved..Problem is those 2 items take up all my calories for the day.

Any suggestions?? Do I just let this day go??

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals and snacks the night before, so I know what I can have and still stay within my goals. You can have pizza and cake and still stay under your goals, if you watch your portion sizes and eat lower-cal stuff for the other meals. If you plan ahead, you won't find yourself hungry and having to decide on the spot what to eat -- that situation makes it harder to stay on track.

That being said, if you do indulge one day, it's not going to derail you. Try to keep it within reason -- don't eat half a pizza like I did a while back. :tongue: And drink plenty of water, because you're going to be getting lots of extra sodium from that pizza and you want to avoid water retention.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    definitely don't let the day--you are in this to make overall healthy lifestyle change---letting the day go won't accomplish this. You have to build willpower and it will get easier. Just do it!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    My strategy for when friends/family/party situations is

1) Get in a mega workout
    2) Choose 1 treat or splurge item and center my cals around that
    3) Fill up on healthier options, even if I have to bring them/make them myself.