Working out - cold chills??

Okay, this sounds weird, but in the middle of a really tough work-out (spinning, running, etc..) I will sudden just start freezing and get goose bumps every where. I will be hot and sweaty and then 3 seconds later, absolutely freezing. I thought it was dehydration at first, but I drink a TON of water and have upped my daily intake, just to be sure. Is it normal? Does it happen to anyone else? Or is my body just telling me to knock it the hell off???

Replies

• huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Okay, this sounds weird, but in the middle of a really tough work-out (spinning, running, etc..) I will sudden just start freezing and get goose bumps every where. I will be hot and sweaty and then 3 seconds later, absolutely freezing. I thought it was dehydration at first, but I drink a TON of water and have upped my daily intake, just to be sure. Is it normal? Does it happen to anyone else? Or is my body just telling me to knock it the hell off???
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Or is my body just telling me to knock it the hell off???

Pretty much! :laugh:

J/K well, partially. It happens to me when I'm really pushing myself. I look at my skin and it's bright red. Tonight at Jazzercise when it happened I was at my max HR... might want to back it down just a notch. The next thing is to feel dizzy.... not good.