Your Favorite Whole Grain Bread??

Options
2»

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Definitely Dave's Killer Bread! Best bread ever!
    Dave's Killer Bread - 21 Whole Grains. Absolutely the best tasting bread I've ever had, although it's 110 per slice the slices are large. When I have a piece I know I've eaten something real, something good, something that's going to feed me well. Not sure if you have it where you live but I find it in a special market that sells real whole grain foods.
    And another vote for daves!! All of his breads are 100% natural, not just crap to make it seem healthier, it actually is. :) be careful because in some cases more garbage is added as fillers so it can be lower calorie instead of quality. Sometimes carmel coloring and wheat flour are added to more mystery stuff to make you think it's healthy. Lower calories does not always mean better got you. If you can't understand an ingredient, neither can your system.
    Try trader joes, they have many options for real breads. Rudy's is another good brand.
    my favorite are the ones with lots of crunches :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Orowheat Double Wheat or Orowheat 10 Grain. The Double Wheat has 70 calories a slice and 7 grams of fiber per slice. Plus it is soft, delicious and a nice size slice of bread.

They also make Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins... 100 Calories for the whole thing!

I just realized that they are Arnold's. I just searched the Arnold brand and Orowheat came up. They have the same symbol just different names...strange.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ezekial Bread: sesame - Oh my, I found a place to buy it locally and it's by far my favorite bread.
    Premium ingredients and a killer taste - I want a slice now :)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I use a bread machine and have a good wheat bread recipe.
  • mayana2002
    Options
    LA BREA! I don't know where you live... But they are artesanal breads and sometimes I get them straight from the oven! OMG D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.
  • JWruns
    JWruns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i love ezekial bread. wouldn't really make a sandwich with it, but it makes the BEST toast!!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread. There's absolutely no artificial anything... all sprouted grains and water. There's not even flour or yeast. It's only 80 calories a slice, too.
    It's a little bit more expensive than your average loaf of bread, and it needs to be kept in the refrigerator, but it is well well well worth it.
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's 100% Whole Wheat bread with Fiber...90 calories per slice, good protein and fiber, and super yummy :)
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Martin's Whole Wheat Potato Bread. My fiancée, LostSunset, found it. Tasty, low calorie, and as far as I can tell, same glycemic profile as the Ezekiel bread.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    bump (too much sodium in my current whole grain bread)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    My commissary didn't have any of the suggested brands in. They didn't even have my Fiber One bread in today :( Ended up getting Natures Pride 12 Grain. I couldn't find any bread under 110 calories there and all the "light" breads in stock had HFCS. Bleh
  • LoniS
    LoniS Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like Rudi's Organic Bakery in Ancient Spelt. It's amazing.
  • ebrat86
    ebrat86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's whole grain hearth potato bread. I don't like biting into bread and the bread "crunches" when unexpected. It's nauseating. The potato bread may not be as nutritious but is has less calories (80) than the other Aunt Millie's breads I was looking at. It's also surprisingly filling.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    homemade of corse.