I Plan to Win

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Chris, I am a 30 year old, married father of two from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I have been battling weight loss for a few years now. Ever since I hit my 20's my weight has been a roller coaster ride. I have been flirting with the 300 lb mark for some time, and really want to do all I can to take control and beat my weight battle for good (not just some temporary fix).

My wife is a HUGE support for me and we are in this together. I am sure glad to have a companion who has the same passions and desires as I do. We love sports and competition, and we want to be a slim, trim, and smokin' hot mom and dad for our kids, and for each other.

What's going to be different this time? Well, this time I plan to win, because I have learned the importance of winning at planning. This site sure helps a ton in being able to review my performance and improve it as well.

I am also motivated from the tools and life skills that I have learned from an amazing company that is local to this area. They have been great at helping me work on the beliefs that have been limiting my progress in all aspects of my life (physical, mental, financial, realtionships, etc...). I know that I can totally change my life and implement new habits (like keeping track of my calories burned and calories eaten during the day with MyFitnessPal).

I started off this year at 295 lbs, and I am already down to 280 lbs. The biggest difference so far has been coming across this website and utilizing it everyday to track my progress. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CREATING THIS!

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    You definitely have the right attitude and I know that you'll be successful because of that. I'm rooting for ya!
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site. Not only is it a great tool, there is so much motivation amongst the people on here. You are in the exact same boat as my husband. He started off at 292 pounds in the beginning of the year. After many years of wanting the weight loss, he has now made the decision to act upon it. It is the right time for him and his enthusiasm is amazing. He is currently down to 270 (maybe more....tomorrow is his weigh in day!) and being able to see the results on the scale and in his clothes are so motivational to him. He now knows he CAN do this and ENJOY healthy foods. I especially love that we are doing this together. We make meals together, exercise together and track everything together. Nice to be on the journey together with the one you love.

Good luck to you and your wife and enjoy the ride!
  • nursemom27
    nursemom27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You're right, planning is key. I am a nurse and have always been an active person, and know how to eat right. But, after having 2 children close together, I let my appetite get a little out of control and put exercise on the back burner. I've looked at a few other wt loss sights, but this is the best by far. The support is wonderful. The database of food and exercise surpases others also. Getting on here daily, I've managed to lose 10lbs in the past 6 weeks- just 10 more to go!
    Just remember- now that you are eating right and exercising, it takes one month for something to become habit. But once it is habit, I think you'll find this route much easier than all the fad diets out there. They are a recipe for failure in the long run. And don't forget to reward yourself occasionally too! Good luck to you and your wife!