When you finished day 1 of the 30 day shred...

Belle_Fille
Belle_Fille Posts: 469
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
My sister did her first day yesterday and said she was sore from the moment the DVD began and is still sore today (I believe she said she was only able to finish half of the workout yesterday and she "cant" do it today).
I did my first day today and while I did hurt and ache (I ached so bad I even shaked) during the workout, I feel just fine now. almost as if I didn't even do the workout! I took several short breaks throughout the workout, but I finished.

I'm debating on whether to do it again later, or maybe do my usual Wii fit workout (or who knows, maybe both if I feel up to it) but I'm wondering if it'll just catch up with me tomorrow.

So my question is, when you finished your first day of the 30 day shred, were you sore immediately after finishing and stayed that way? Or did you feel fine once you cooled down a bit? If you felt fine after, did it hit you the next day (before doing day 2 of the workout)?

I'm kinda wondering if she is so sore, while i'm not, because ive been doing other work outs for a few weeks, and she hasnt been, and maybe my body is just reacting better?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    stretching, eating protein for recovery, all good things to do when exercising. Might she have done any of that?
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    I just did my 1rst day today. My legs are a bit weak but other than that I feel fine. I had been doing Jackie Warner's interval training and those are either 15mins or 40.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    My first day on Level 1, about 10 minutes after I finished, I passed out on the couch for 5 hours. I was sore, tired, aching, you name it, I felt it. The next day when I woke up, my butt was so sore, I was doing that 'free falling' thing everytime I tried to sit anywhere. I pushed through and did Day 2 and continues and I didn't skip a day. I'd do modified versions but I never stopped moving. It wasn't until Day 8 when I felt like I can actually keep up.

Here's my result after 30 days, don't give up! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/petithamu/view/30-day-shred-result-66089

I hope this motivates you!! I swear by the Shred. It works wonders when you're diligent and keep up with it!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    I have been running for 2 years and doing Tae Bo or kettlebell workouts for a month. I did Level 1, Day 1 of the Shred Thursday. My arms and shoulders hurt immediately after, yesterday my arms, shoulders, now chest and back hurt, and today they all are still sore. My legs were a little sore yesterday and not bad today. I'm getting ready to go do 10 miles on the treadmill, but I plan on doing the Shred workout tonight.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I was exhausted but no soreness immediately after my first workout. The soreness set in later that night and definately the next day. Don't overdo it. If you still want to workout I suggest something low impact.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    I also finished the 30-Day shred without any breaks (30 straight days) and had, what I consider, fanstastic results. I was VERY sore through like day 2-5. So sore I felt like I needed one of those old people lift chairs to get out of the recliner. Everytime I sat down on the toilet I felt as though I was going to break right on through because I just kind of clunked down...I hurt that bad! But after those first initial days the soreness was gone and I felt some various sore points after that (ankles during level 3 and knees during level 2) but that was minor compared to what those first few days were like.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    my first day was great I did L1 for that day only felt it too easy so i went to L2 for the rest of the 30 days. I had been using my treadmill a month before starting the shred so I think that helped.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    I did day 1 level yesterday, and today "attempted" day 2. Let me just say I could only do half of it. Jillian is kicking my butt! I'm hoping I will be able to keep up as I continue. By the way I just went to the store and picked up dumbbells for the work-outs, previously we were using cans.... ut oh.... should be fun tomorrow haha!
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Im alternating "kill"ian ..sorry i meant jillian lol...with davina mcall so i dont get bored of the routine....with both im struggling
This discussion has been closed.