New scale woes

Options
My old digital scale has been acting weird lately so I thought it would be a good time to get a new one. I saw the Biggest Loser scale in the grocery store today and bought it. it's this model http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002P3L9PK/ref=asc_df_B002P3L9PK1426971?smid=A1HY47NZL9RU4J&tag=dealtmp15484-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B002P3L9PK

Well and get on it and to my horror i'm almost 6 pounds heavier than my other scale! I weighed myself at the gym this morning and the scale said 130. My old digital scale says 132 today and now this new one says 136!!!

How the heck do I know which is accurate?

Replies

• Knaroz
    Knaroz Posts: 23
    Options
    Next time you are at the gym grab one of the 50lb dumbells and drag it over to the scale, a lot of gym scales are not calibrated often if at all and can skew their results.

If you don't have a 50lb dumb bell at home take your biggest loser scale to the gym with you and try it as well. It could be you got a bad scale.
  • cbreen90
    Options
    I am not sure how to tell which one is accurate necessarily, but the owner of my local gym told me it's best to weigh yourself on the same scale each time because some may read differently. She also recommended doing it the same day of the week and first thing in the morning before you eat and after using the bathroom. You would think all scales would say the same - I always weigh more on my doctor's scale too. Good luck!!!
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Or get a 5lb bag of sugar or a gallon of milk..but the dumbbell would be your best bet!
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ugh thanks i'm going to try that now. The scale at the gym is not a digital one...it's just one with a dial. It feels so discouraging when you see a number waaaaay higher than you thought you weighed! I just hope it's not true.