I love peanut butter.

Options
But I always feel so guilty eating it..and don't really like to see those fat grams when I log in haha.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/products.html

What do you guys think of that? ^^^ I am thinking about trying it.

:smile:

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    But I always feel so guilty eating it..and don't really like to see those fat grams when I log in haha.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/products.html

What do you guys think of that? ^^^ I am thinking about trying it.

:smile:
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    The product is so-so. It definitely does not taste like real peanut butter, and has considerably less protein. However you should try because you might like it's taste even if it doesn't taste quite so like real peanut butter.
  • nelsohar
    nelsohar Posts: 5
    Options
    I like it a lot. They have some recipes at hungry-girl.com (the best site ever!!) for desserts and treats made with it.
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I live in Texas and we have HEB's and at my store they have a peanut grinder which I make my own Peanut butter from, and it is so good, lower in calories than that Jar stuff, and did I mention it taste really good. If you can you should find a store near you that has this, it's so much better for you!
  • herbbie
    herbbie Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter too! I often have half PBJ for breakfast. I just crave it. But of course have to be careful the rest of the day.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter with apples! Yum.. so good.

I think if you buy natural peanut butter that would probably be the way to go. Here's a thought, buy natural let the oil lift to the top-drain it and then use the spread left behind - anyone tried that??
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live without my better'n'peanutbutter. It is a staple in my pantry. I was buying it buy the case online just to save on shipping till I found out that they sell it at super target!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    PB is a tough one, so many calories. Then again, it's SOOO good for you.
    so I have a hard time with it and don't eat it all that often.

You can go low fat low cal, it's not as good usually, but it's still ok. I usually
    get Jif low fat pb.

its 190 cals for 2 tablespoons and 12 grams of fat (9.5 good fat though).
    on the other hand It's got all kinds of other good stuff in it. Protein, niacin, magnesium...etc

It's a good food for your nutrition, not a great calorie count one. But then again
    it's very nutrient dense, so it leaves you feeling full for a long time. NOTE,
    try not to get chuncky style, as peanuts have a hard time digesting if you don't crush
    them down really well, you lose a lot of the nutrience if you buy the chunky.