I did it - Thanks P90X

mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm just about done with my first round of P90X and I haven't ran during it. I started it because of muscle imbalances which caused knee pain. My goal of P90X was to run pain free and increase my running time.

I'm re-training for a 1/2 marathon or two, I'd like to do one in April, but haven't signed up because the weather has to cooperate to run, I also am looking at one in May as well. I'd be excited to run 3 this year.

I have notice a definite speed increase - my goal in my mind was 5 miles at 10MPM - I DID IT!!! All but one of the miles was actually under 10 but one mile was over, the uphill mile with no shoulder and I had to stop for a car or two.

I'm so psyched!! I really want to get out there again. I did XStretch when I got home - and plan on Yoga tomorrow, it's my rest day, but I've doubled up some of my days so ended up with Saturday and Sunday as rest days so I can do a greater distance run.

New Goal - 10K at 10MPM!

I start Insanity as soon as I finish these last two weeks of P90X.

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Good job!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    I so want to try the P90X program... not got the money to do so yet though. My BFF was going to ship me his to use, but he got short notice TDY so wasn't able to get them shipped to me before he leaves tomorrow morning for 6 months... Oh Well...I'll continue to work out at home and at Curves...

Good Luck on your training! I'm not good at running. That is one thing I need to work on is my endurance...
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    nice Job keep up with it;-)
    what is P90X??
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Great progress!

P90X has improved my running as well, as it should considering I do the legs and back work out on monday so that I'm recovered by the weekend for my long and tempo runs!

Good luck with your runs this year!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    This is a good thing to hear!
    Congrats on your good run and improving your times!
    I am starting P90X on Monday!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    nice Job keep up with it;-)
    what is P90X??

Thanks. P90X is a homebased work out program by Tony Horton. Check out beachbody.com. There are several people on this site that are coaches. It's a 90 days program of strength training and cardio that is fairly intense. You have to either be in good shape to begin with, IMO - or really ready to totally commit. My youngest child, 9 almost 10 has done much of it with me.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I'm just about done with my first round of P90X and I haven't ran during it. I started it because of muscle imbalances which caused knee pain. My goal of P90X was to run pain free and increase my running time.

I'm re-training for a 1/2 marathon or two, I'd like to do one in April, but haven't signed up because the weather has to cooperate to run, I also am looking at one in May as well. I'd be excited to run 3 this year.

I have notice a definite speed increase - my goal in my mind was 5 miles at 10MPM - I DID IT!!! All but one of the miles was actually under 10 but one mile was over, the uphill mile with no shoulder and I had to stop for a car or two.

I'm so psyched!! I really want to get out there again. I did XStretch when I got home - and plan on Yoga tomorrow, it's my rest day, but I've doubled up some of my days so ended up with Saturday and Sunday as rest days so I can do a greater distance run.

New Goal - 10K at 10MPM!

I start Insanity as soon as I finish these last two weeks of P90X.

Awesome job! Insanity will really improve your running. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.