Eating, Calories and Exercise

we_egg
we_egg Posts: 2 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Hi there. This is the first time I have posted so be nice to me.... haha...
Been signed up to MFP since early Jan2011 and have had little loss.
My daily calories are 1400 plus exercise calories. I exercise 6 times a week, due to the fact I am walking a marathon end April. 5 times a week its 1hr walking and other time is a long walk longest being 2hrs40 (yesterday) Have 1 rest day.
Have been reading lots of threads about eating your exercise calories and up till this morn have been leaving 400 or so each night just due to habit.
Today is a new day and I'm gonna make an effort to try and eat them all (OK maybe leave a little 50 or so) and see how this effects my weight loss journey.!!!
Will keep you posted.

Replies

• radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Hiya! Please let me know how you go. I am in a similar situation - signed up about a month ago, do heaps of training, don't often eat all of my calories and haven't lost much weight. I'm finding the lack of results really demoralising.

Good luck with your marathon!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    I think its a good idea to leave a few extra calories in the bank because I think sometimes we can underestimate the calories in our food and overestimate our exercise cals. we may not always find the exact food we are looking for so we go for a good alternative and exercise cals are generic, myself and one of my friends both went walking we both weigh the same but I am fitter than she is when we came back and logged on here it said we had burned the exact same number of cals when in reality she had burned over 100cals more good luck with your journey xx
This discussion has been closed.