Your treadmill tells you that you burned so many calories- i

Options
Just trying to get some feedback from you all. I recently purchased a new treadmill-top of the line. When I go to exercise to enter how many minutes I worked out on the treadmill the calories burned are a lot less than what my machine says. Which one do I go with?? For example-today I did 40min on the treadmill (avg 4.8mph)-the treadmill said I burned 422 calories, where on here it said 351. Which number should I go with??

Replies

• emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    If your treadmill knows your information (weight, gender, height) and kept track of your heart rate, then I'd go with the treadmill.
    MFP tends to estimate rather high and doesn't take into account these variables.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I would go by the treadmill. It calculates it based on speed, and incline and enduranced, based on the total time you are on it. You may have been at an incline or up and down on your speed.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    As far as my experience goes, I'll go with the number your treadmill gave to you. I have an elliptical at my house and with my hrm I measured how many cals I burned, and the difference between the machine and my hrm was like 10-20 cals, so those machines are pretty accurate.
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I change it to what he treadill says. I dont think this program takes into account chnges in incline which burns more calories.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I would go with what your treadmill says MFP doesn't take into account resistance and gradient MFP is generic your treadmill I assume is set to you and if its top of the line it would link into your heart rate.MFP doesn't take into account your fitness level either 2 people who weigh the same could still burn a different amount of cals due to their fitness levels
  • smpiceno
    Options
    Hi- On the treadmill did you enter your information? If you did than I would go with the treadmills reading of the calories burned if you didn't that has a lot to do with it so next time input your personal info and see if you burn the same calories.
    Good Luck!!!