New Polar FT7 User

Options
So does everyone really run the strap under running water before putting it on? It's cold outside!!!! I am about to take it on the first test run and I am so excited (minus being afraid of a cold wet strap against my chest).

Another question for other women using a HRM with chest strap - Do you wear it right below your bra or underneath your bra? My instructional manual only showed a diagram of a man...and well I am built just a little different than him!

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    NOOO:noway: Dont run it under water! wet it alittle on the sensors to have it funtion better against the skin! lol:laugh:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yes make sure you wet it before wearing or you will shorten the life of your HRM, also do as it says and wash the strap after every wear (removing the clip on part). I wear mine just below my bra.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Polar, and I'm not a woman, but the strap for mine (cheap Sportline) seems to work just fine once I start sweating a bit. I am seriously considering purchasing some ECG gel to put on the sensors on the strap to see if that works better. I have never tried running it under water, but the water would probably help conductivity.

As to positioning. Mine is pretty picky about where it goes. If it is too loose or if it shifts too far (only happens when it is too loose) it will not read correctly. I would try and see how it works in different locations.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    There are two flat sensor strips that should be wet. It won't drip water on you or anything like that. Place it underneath your bra. Enjoy your workout.
  • paulreds
    paulreds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, I had a polar HRM a few years ago but they weren't compatible with mac, is this still the case as would like to buy another one, but will be useless if I can't upload to my mac. thanks