I Love X-country Skiing! Anyone Else?

Options
I just finished an hour of skiing (2x around a 4.7Km trail) it but 1227 Calories based on my HRM. I now feel energized and ready to take on the world. It was a great workout, alone in the woods on the trail, and the snow was nice and fast. Kept my heart rate up, and worked out my body just great. Sadly tomorrow and this coming week it is supposed to warm up, and I know it will make the trail icy which is no fun for skiing when there are hills, and the trails I like a nice and hilly.

So does anyone else cross-country ski?

Replies

• mynameistwiggy
    Options
    Hi Jim, I also love cross-country skiing! I know what you mean about a great workout AND getting to be in the woods. I live in PA, and this week was the best skiing so far this year. I'm also bummed about the weather prediction. Thanks for posting this!

Sarah
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love it too!!! Most nights, after work, my niece and I go to our little mountain that has a lighted cross-country ski trail and usually first thing in the mornings on the weekends.....you would think we would be skinny:blushing: :huh:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would be the only one, although it is not nearly as popular as it was in the early '80 when I was a kid. I'm hoping and praying that the forecast is wrong. I am not ready to be done the winter yet.
  • flannadin1212
    Options
    I used to enjoy X-country skiing but I feel too out of shape to do it now. I am hoping that next winter I will get back to it. I'd also like to do some snowshoeing.
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cross country skiing is the first sport I've TRULY fell in love with! I've always been an athlete, but this is one that I'm passionate about. I've skiied nearly every day this winter and it's been the best winter in years! It's almost a perfect workout--it's great for cardio, the scenery is amazing and it's fun regardless of whether you're by yourself or with another skiier! Enjoy the rest of the winter!!!
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hell yes. backcountry telemarking and skate skiing. free your heels, free your mind!