Meal Replacement...

Options
I was wondering if any of you have tried any of the meal replacements out there? I don't like chocolate or vanilla. I am really picky when it comes to food/drinks. But I am not eating enough calories in a day so I was thinking about adding in meal replacements to help with calorie intake. Are there any suggestions? Bars,drinks...anything like that. Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• georgiagorwell
    Options
    Hey, I have tried a few myself and I also work at boots and spend my free time reading all the nutritional labels in the food isle. I tried Slimfast and didn't lose any weight and came out in loads of spots. When I read the nutritional info I noticed that out of 29g of carbs, 28g was simple carbs and therefore sugar. It is the same with Tony Furguson, Celbrity Slim etc etc. These meal replacements also contain 230-350 Kcals, and for this amount you could have a decent lunch!

Ones to try are the ones aimed at gym goers, such as Xyence, MaxiMuscle, Sci-Mix, Bio-synergy etc. As these contain higher amounts of protein and fibre which will keep you fuller for longer. These are often designed to be drank after work outs for those looking to build muscle but you can use these to replace a meal. I like to smoothie a vanilla one with a banana for breakfast.

Hope this helps,
    xx
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if any of you have tried any of the meal replacements out there? I don't like chocolate or vanilla. I am really picky when it comes to food/drinks. But I am not eating enough calories in a day so I was thinking about adding in meal replacements to help with calorie intake. Are there any suggestions? Bars,drinks...anything like that. Thank you! :smile:

How many meals are you eating a day? I find it really easy to get my calories in when I eat 5-6 meals a day. I tend to eat every 3 hours or so... I have a calorie range of 1200-1400 a day so this is kinda what my meals look like

Breakfast: 300-350
    Snack: 100-125
    Lunch 300-350
    Snack: 100-125
    Dinner: 300-350
    Snack 100-125

Maybe try breaking down your allotted calories into several smaller meals and you can get the correct portions in. It's great as I never felt hungry throughout the day. When I skip the snacks, then I felt really hungry by my next meal and overeat.

I just started using a meal supplement, but I"m not using it to replace my meals...though, I have a couple of times. I was weighed in at Curves this week and I've lost weight, but keep gaining body fat so I am now adding a protein shake to help me build the lean muscle that i seem to be loosing.

Good Luck...

Lisa