Damage Control...

Options
Tonight i had a craving for a kebab... so i found the healthiest one i could... followed by a craving for cake and wine (omg...must be that time of the month...)

anyways, so long story short, even with exercise calories, i'm 500 calories over my limit.

what do you guys do?

restrict calories the next day? create a 500 cal deficit with exercise?

i'm really not too stressed out, because i know that if i deprive myself of something i want, i'll just obsess about it for days.. what's done is done, now damage control

Replies

• zoeinthecity
    Options
    Tonight i had a craving for a kebab... so i found the healthiest one i could... followed by a craving for cake and wine (omg...must be that time of the month...)

anyways, so long story short, even with exercise calories, i'm 500 calories over my limit.

what do you guys do?

restrict calories the next day? create a 500 cal deficit with exercise?

i'm really not too stressed out, because i know that if i deprive myself of something i want, i'll just obsess about it for days.. what's done is done, now damage control
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I pretend it's my checkbook...

I draw a big black line under that and start over the next day!!! And although 500 might seem like a lot of calories over...((reference my "TGI Friday's Brownie Obsession" lol But I lost 3 pounds that week too!)) Just pretend you are "Zig-Zagging" your eating this week!

See?

Problem = Solution!

:tongue: Good luck with today!

• gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do anything. Just start your day new and don't worry about it. Even if you are only planning on loosing 1 pound a week, one day will not make a big difference. In fact I do it sometimes on purpose just to confuse my body. It can help you get over a plateu ( workt well for me last week). I hope youre having a great day, don't obsess and have a healthy weekend:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Like you said what is done is done. I myself would only eat half my exercise calories today. :bigsmile:
  • zoeinthecity
    Options
    great ideas guys!

i'm being mindful to not be obsessive... but still think i'll do a bigger session at the gym later :)

thanks!