New-saying Hi

lavenderthistle
lavenderthistle Posts: 6
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
New here, Need to lost the 30 lbs that I've gained since moving to the USA. I'm finding it difficult even with going to the gym and working with a personal trainer. However, I had to face up to the fact that I was anxiety eating. I've started keeping track of everything I eat. I'm also back to the way I ate in Scotland, very little processed foods, following the low glycemic index diets, and eating very little white bread, white pototoes or white rice. I've already lost 3lbs this week. Yay! I have type 1 diabetes and use an insulin pump which makes things a wee bit tricky at times. :o) I LOVE weight training and my PT in Scotland was a bodybuilder and my PT here in the USA is a power lifter and has 4% body fat. (envious!!) I've found not having my mates around for support very difficult and the fact that my wee girl is also unhappy here just raises my anxiety levels. However, I have to manage that anxiety by other ways rather than eating. I've taken the first step by owning up to it. Hoping to find support here and perhaps some other women who also like weight lifting. :o)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.