I'm going to Atlanta...

Options
Hi-

I'm going to Atlanta for work at the end of the month- I've never been there, so I'm excited :smile:

Just wondering if anyone either lives in Atlanta or has visited and can tell me how safe their public transportation system (MARTA) is? I don't live in a city, but I'm relatively confident that I can find my way around using public transportation as I've always figured it out just fine in New York and Boston. I'll be traveling alone to Atlanta, so I'm just curious.

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    selfishly bumping :blushing:
  • pbkrueger
    Options
    I live in the metro Atlanta area and used to work in the downtown area. MARTA is great if you travel during business hours. If you have to work overtime, I would drive. Unfortunately downtown Atlanta has lots of crime. We are very careful when we go to events about where we park and leaving with people. Just be careful and aware of your surroundings. Good luck. Atlanta is a beautiful city.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Thank you. I was planning on just going to restaurants within walking distance of the hotel for dinner so that I could avoid MARTA at night. I figure that once I get there and look around I'll either feel comfortable with that idea, or I won't based upon the area where the hotel is.

Thank you again for your help! :flowerforyou: