Beerfest and BBQ Cook Off!

mjfer123
mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
Okay, so today there is a beerfest AND a bbq cook off in Boston that Im going to.
Obviously no way Im going to NOT go over my calories, but I did go to the gym this morning AND run for an hour.
So hopefully that will offset some of those calories.

Anyone in the area, its the phantom gourmet annual bbq cookoff event, only $5 at the door and then pay for food, if you want to come blow your calories away with me :bigsmile:
I can take the whole ship down with me!!!

Anyway, the bbq is at gov't center, the beerfest will be the real killer later that night at the seaport world trade center! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Looks like Im gonna have to hit the gym again tomorrow (a typical "off day")

Replies

• mjfer123
    Okay, so today there is a beerfest AND a bbq cook off in Boston that Im going to.
    Obviously no way Im going to NOT go over my calories, but I did go to the gym this morning AND run for an hour.
    So hopefully that will offset some of those calories.

Anyone in the area, its the phantom gourmet annual bbq cookoff event, only $5 at the door and then pay for food, if you want to come blow your calories away with me :bigsmile:
    I can take the whole ship down with me!!!

Anyway, the bbq is at gov't center, the beerfest will be the real killer later that night at the seaport world trade center! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Looks like Im gonna have to hit the gym again tomorrow (a typical "off day")
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    have some for me :drinker: im having all you can eat crawfish and beer tonight :devil:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Eat some for me!!!:cry:

Seriously, sounds like you prepared for it well, Kimosabe. Have an awesome, finger lickin' beer swillin' great time!:bigsmile:
  • katemenos
    katemenos Posts: 12
    I'm going to that tooooooooooooooo!!! I've been good all week so I'm ready to bring down the ship!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    k..come pick me up! lol I'm all about beer and bbq :laugh:
  • mjfer123

Seriously, sounds like you prepared for it well, Kimosabe. Have an awesome, finger lickin' beer swillin' great time!:bigsmile:

Ive been preparing for this all week!
    Regionwide BBQ contests and over 300 beers from around the nation! how could I resist!
    :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

Ive been preparing for this all week!
    Regionwide BBQ contests and over 300 beers from around the nation! how could I resist!
    :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I'm grabbing my big ole stretchy pants as we speak. I'll meet ya there!:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    If it were me, I'd sip bottled water & bring a bag of celery. angel4.gif

Have fun! :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I'll meet you there!! ....lmbo
    naaa.....but if I wasn't getting my hair did...I'd go get some of that delicious grub!!! lol

I love to watch the phantom gourmet....some great hidden jewels LOL

hugs and have a blast....you can jog from stand to stand...that would help the efforts a bit!:wink:
    Ali
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Grab some magic hat if you see it. #9 and circus boy are to die for, not to mention they're not too bad for you :)
  • mjfer123
    I'll meet you there!! ....lmbo
    naaa.....but if I wasn't getting my hair did...I'd go get some of that delicious grub!!! lol

I love to watch the phantom gourmet....some great hidden jewels LOL

hugs and have a blast....you can jog from stand to stand...that would help the efforts a bit!:wink:
    Ali

aww party pooper!
    j/k. yea I'll be the guy on the news tomorrow morning
    "The jogger at Phantom Gourmet!"
  • mjfer123
    Grab some magic hat if you see it. #9 and circus boy are to die for, not to mention they're not too bad for you :)

I've had both of those,
    Im looking for smaller microbrews.
    Magic hat is too well known.
    Im kind of a beer snob.
    Ive tasted over 300 (and it helped get me to my previous weight)
    I like almost any hefeweizen anyway, and stouts too, besides guiness, which is like the bud light of stouts! (thats bad for anyone who is a beer snob)

msarro, if you want a real treat, try a mississippi mud black and tan.
    And if you like Magic Hat, try Leinenkugels or Franziskaner (sp?).
  • ali106

I've had both of those,
    Im looking for smaller microbrews.
    Magic hat is too well known.
    Im kind of a beer snob.
    Ive tasted over 300 (and it helped get me to my previous weight)
    I like almost any hefeweizen anyway, and stouts too, besides guiness, which is like the bud light of stouts! (thats bad for anyone who is a beer snob)

msarro, if you want a real treat, try a mississippi mud black and tan.
    And if you like Magic Hat, try Leinenkugels or Franziskaner (sp?).

blah blah blah blah....talk more about the food dude....I am soooo not a beer fan...who is going to be there??? lol
    getting hungry what time does it start, maybe I'll convince my sister to go real quick LOL
  • mjfer123
    I know firefly's is going, other than that I have no idea, its on phantom gourmet's website.
    Supposed to be a lot of quality, top notch, bbq'in fiends there, true bbq chefs!
    Sorry, no CHIIILLIIIIIIIS Baby back RIIIIIBS

I think it starts at 3 or noon, so I guess you could say I dont know.
    All I know is I'll be there at 330.
  • ali106
    oh wow it looks fun!!!

wholly Canolli is gonna be there...omg those are amazing!!!

ugh...decissions decissions LOL....

thanks for the heads up!....have fun!
    Ali :drinker: