I need some new friends for support PLEASE!!

jigglemom
jigglemom Posts: 7 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
You've heard the story a million times....I've been overweight since grade 2, now I'm 40 and still can't beat this. I am a mother with 3 kids under 12, and finding time to exercise is VERY hard. I try to make healthy choices, but there are a couple of days a week that I want a couple of drinks, and something sweet. After doing so, I get discouraged and find it hard to re-motivate myself. Everyone around me is thin, so I feel very alone in my battle. If I want this so bad, why hasn't it happened for me after all these years? HEEEEEELP!!!

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Well now you recognize the changes, and you will change when you make up in your mind that you want to change, not before or after. I have discovered after trying EVERYTHING, that there is no miracle pill or diet, it took effort to get it on, and it will take hard effort to get it off. Good luck!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Yep, I have been overweight for about 13 yrs. I've been on this site since June 2010 and have lost 34 lbs. Add me as a friend!! I will encourage along the way. If I can do it, anyone can!!!
  • Like you, I am also 40 and battling this yo yo of weight. I have been overweight all my life. Since joining MFP I have lost almost 45 pounds since November 1st. Since I have been through every up and down during this time, I know I can encourage you. Trust me, if I can do this, anyone can..............
  • We can all do it together!!Lets Go!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    We're all in a similar boat! Hope you can find the motivation you need from anyone and everyone. Add me if you wish! I join a lot of challenges on here. Right now doing a Valentine's challenge that ends on Monday but it was to lose 10lbs by then...i've lost 9.6...so we'll see...there will be an Easter challenge too!
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    i have four kids under 7 and i manage to somehow find the time to exercise although the sancking of 3 preschoolers is hard. you can choose me as a friend and we can support one another. :tongue:
  • Feel free to befriend me for an accountablity partner I'm on that same path and road you are to make changes through health & fitness and I as well can use an accountability partner to help me on my journey. What are your goals?

Tereska
This discussion has been closed.