Irish veggie traveller (male) out to eliminate belly

Options
Hi everyone! :)

I found this site by getting advice on good apps to use to track weight loss. I initially had problems using the system, but a separate post and some help from other users showed me that I was using the wrong units and it became very clear how I was getting too many calories!

I'm constantly on the road and sometimes living in less developed countries means that I have to rely on limited touristy options if I want to eat rich vegetarian food with some variation instead of nothing but rice. Unfortunately this leads to overindulging in Italian food, which tends to be available everywhere!

So I've put on a very noticeable belly in the last 6 months - luckily I'll be back in the western world for most of this year so I'm hoping to get back on track. I want to squash this belly down!

If anyone has some belly-relevant advice, I'd really appreciate it! I don't mind taking it slow, as long as I'm definitely going in the right direction. Any food recommendations? Just make sure I'm avoiding Italian carbohydrates as much as I can, while maintaining a more balanced diet? Doing a few minutes of sit-ups in the morning? The sea of information about this online is overwhelming, so I'd appreciate tips from you all :)

All my fat goes to my tummy, so at least I look OK when I suck it all in for photos :P I'm relatively strong so I don't feel the need to work on muscle right now; tummy fat and generally making sure that I'm not killing myself with all these carbs is my main priority. My diet is otherwise balanced and I feel healthy and in shape unless the workout lasts a while.

By the way, I travel specifically to learn languages and speak a few. You can read more about that here: http://fluentin3months.com

Glad to be a part of the MFP community!!

Replies

• digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hi i'm watching your post with interest, i too carry most of my weight around the tummy, i'm looking forward to the responses you receive..:happy: