newish but need help

Options
Hey!
I signed up a few weeks back....im not doing so well in the food dept because i do better when i have a meal plan and follow it instead of writing as i eat...any suggestions? weight watchers worked very well for me but the meetings arent close enough or the times just arnt good. I need to lose 30lbs and i gotta start now! im sooooo done with this overweightness...:tongue:

Replies

• steelersfan49
    Options
    eat every 3 hours.. so your body feels full.. chop apple slices, special k bar, a few raisins with a few nuts. smaill meals.. low fat, low calorie!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Don't log as you go, plan your meals ahead of time. For example I often plan the following days eating the night before that way I know what I'm doing. Maybe try that :-)

All the best
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Do your own planning. Even following what you were doing. The mobile ap really helps as well.
  • lauraannekinnaird
    Options
    hi i only joined a couple of days ago but i only know one person on here, feel free to add me i need looking after :) x
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

On a Saturday, I sit down and plan all my meals for the week (starting on the Sunday morning). I then plug it all into this site for the coming week so I can see that I will be about right for my goals. Then I write my shopping list and go shopping on Sunday morning to get only what I need for the plan for the week ahead.

I find that taking the time to sit and plan it all out really helps.

If you are not sure where to start, I plan mine as:
    - breakfasts are yoghurt/fruit/cereal bar during the week and porridge at the weekend
    - Soup for lunches most days (I try to make homemade or have low cal cans on standby) with low cal bread. Or low fat houmous, salad and Ryvita.
    - Dinners - Start with the main ingredients. I plan for chicken twice a week, red meat once, fish once or twice, pasta or jacket potato once. Then work out the recipes that I want to make for those.

I'm sure there are loads of other ways to do it, but this works for me.

C
  • angeldust2009
    Options
    Hey,

If you prefer having a plan you could fill in your food diary at the beginning of the day and then try and stick to what you write down? :-)

Tori

x
  • fatgirlslim47
    Options
    Hi, I had a few problems at the start as I was so used to doing weight watchers and not calorie counting. So I sat down with all my weight watcher magazines and books and planned all my evening meals out using the recipes that had the calorie content on. I have soup at lunch time sometimes homemade but usually weight watchers, I swopped my bread roll and butter for a rice cake and philly cheese and I play around with my breakfasts ie bolied egg or porridge it took me about a month to get into the swing of things but now I find it easy and wouldnt go back to counting the points. Feel free to add me if I can be of help.

Jackie
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i used to do weight watchers as well and so found this tricky. but it is essentially like the old points system. in the sense that if u exercise u get bonus points etc.

I would plan your meals for the week and write down what you are going to have so you can shop accordingly.

it woudl also help as someone has already suggested if u input all that you are going to eat in advance. You can always adjsut how well you followed the plan.

good luck :)
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone youve been a tremendous help! I think im going to do the meal planning tonight! and I have to bring lots of snacks with me throughout the day. I am a gym teacher from 830-2 then i work at a tgym 4-8 and i train ppl in there homes as well...so im crzy busy...oh did i mention i have 3 wonderful kids and a marvelous husband? so im busy but busy is not an excuse its just is what it is....
  • scotty78
    Options
    hi im new to this, im looking to gain a few pound, feel free to add me