What Do you do after a bad day?

Options
So what do you guys do after a really bad day? I was at my friend's house last night for traditional drench raclette which is basically melted cheese on potatoes. Well after lots of wine and dessert, bread added in, my total cals are well over 2000/day and I definatly have my limit set at 1200/day (to lose 1 lb a week). I'm thinking I will exercise and just eat my limit today and go on as planned.

What do you do when this happens?

Replies

• gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I just get back on track! Everyone is allowed a bad day and I think sometimes it helps get some of the cravings out of the way for awhile. So don't worry about it and just start a new day!!:happy:
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just get up and go about my usual day - might give it an extra effort at the gym, but for the most part, what's done is done =)
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing during the Super Bowl...I of course over ate..but the next day I went back to the diet and I still lost 2lbs that week...so do not stress too much
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That is all you can do. Eat better and execise more.

Next time plan ahead and do a few more exrecises the day before of and after.

Good luck.
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    Spend a day eating just lean protein. It will kick your body back into fat burning mode. It's called Ketosis.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Life is life and we live it. Times come up where there will be birthday cake, wine, and all kinds of other "splurge items". Its not going to kill all your work achieved by having a "splurge" night. .......I think we all deserve those from time to time. The best thing to do is the next day start fresh and get back on track. Just don't beat yourself up over it because the world is not going to end over it.
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! I did the same thing yesterday - pretty much ate junk ALL day long! Plan to get back on track - workout and eat better today.
  • mkhalter
    Options
    Stop feeling bad about it! I find that is the hardest part ....you have a new day and the attitude to begin again...GO FOR IT...you will make your goal....!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Once you start eating healthy consistantly, you will really start to notice the things our body tells us... like, pop makes me feel bloated, too much cheese binds me up, sugar makes me feel satisfied for a little bit then I'm hungry again....etc. We are all going to have days where we just drop our whole "diet" or "journey to health" as I prefer to call it. The trick is to listen to our bodies, see how it made you feel over eating, not working out, etc...and learn from it. When we have those bad days, we, just as a kid learning to ride a bike, have to get up and just try again. Every day is a new day to get it right. We can't' just say, I'm bad and not try again. We are NOT bad. We ARE human! Best of Luck on your Journey to Health.
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! We all need a fun day, not a bad day, but fun day. Eat, live, laugh, and love with your friends, then go home get good rest and start the new day!
  • taliyai
    Options
    I was hoping to find a topic like this today because I have had TWO bad days in a row. What's confusing is I technically gained 2 pounds back... but I'm finding it hard to believe the scale. I'm hoping it's just water weight?

Anyway, here I am at 9 a.m. on a Sunday, about to head to the gym to try to burn at least 600 calories. It's all you can do, right? Just get back on the horse. If you still aren't feeling good about it later, try to go to the gym one or two more times than you normally would, or set yourself a new calorie loss goal at the gym for the week.

I can do it! You can do it!
  • schammel
    Options
    Just get back on track and drink a lot of water!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, one day of eating well will not make someone who consistently does not eat well magically healthy. Therefore, one day (or even a few day) of not eating well will not make a healthy person suddenly unhealthy. Get right back to eating good food and exercising and you will be fine!
  • hhmorgan22
    hhmorgan22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i usually have 1 bad day a week and it's almost always on Saturday. I eat everything I want but try to find healthier versions of it... like yesterday i hate a lot of the "no pudge" brownies bc i was craving brownies all week. then later i ate some cinnamon toast crunch cereal with FF yogurt. also had some chickfila bc i wanted fast food (made it grilled chicken sand. with a small fries and diet lemonade) Just eat what you WANT every now and then and try not to feel guilty afterwards. (its hard i know) but yes the scale usually goes up bc of Water weight so try to wake up the next day, drink LOTS of water, work out and eat well. get back on track and move on - IT'S OK!!!
  • carrie000
    Options
    I find this really difficult as all social functions seem to be around food. I also had a really bad day yesterday but unfortunately find myself much more hungry than usual today and have practically used all my calories up and it is only 14:20pm. I am going to try very hard to get back on track from tomorrow. Good luck