Connect to Kinect

Options
Hey there ....
have an xbox 360 sitting in the corner of our house and we are thinking about getting the Kinect.
Would anybody recommend it for exercise and fun? Any game recommendations?

Replies

• FLYing2011
    FLYing2011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We have the Kinect and play the Sports game regularly as a family. We love the track and field. It's like doing a circuit and really gets the heart rate pumping. My next game is going to be the dance one. I love the dance game on wii but hate the controller. The kinect is way simpler to use (in my opinion)
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    We have it. The kids love it. We have one exercise game, and I have used it a couple times, but not regularly. Though I do keep meaning to try out the Dance Central game we have because it has a workout mode you can use once you learn the moves. LOL I have heard a lot of people talk about the Biggest Loser game, and I think that might have been a better one for us to get. We got the "Your Shape" game. The Sports game is fun, and so is Kinect Adventures, and you do get your heartrate up playing some of those games, so it could count as exercise as well. Plus, it's family fun. :)

You have to have a lot of space to use it. We had to rearrange our living room because the couch was too close to the TV when we first set it up. For the Your Shape game, we have to stand about 7 feet back from the sensor. Just something to think about before spending the money on it.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We have the Adventures, Zumba, Your Shape and Dance Central. You can burn lots calories and the games are fun!

We've had more fun with Adventures but Your Shape has kicked our butt! I've done Zumba in a studio before, so changing it to a game has been interesting... Dance Central seems like it would be fun, but I haven't have time to really play with it...

No regrets here! We already had the Xbox, so we just bought the sensor and with it came the Adventures. We had to buy the other three separate. Look for sales on these, sometimes you can get a discount if you but 2 or more (like at Best Buy)...

Manda
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser and Kinet Adventures
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Kinect adventures came with it. I purchased Dance Central, Zumba, Your Shape and EA Active. I haven't used the EA Active yet but I enjoy all the rest and I shed alot of calories doing them. I monitor it with my heart rate monitor.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Kinect is great for getting some exercise, and having some fun at the same time.

We have Sports, Your Shape, Adventures (comes with Kinect), and Dance Central. We probably spend the most time with Dance Central and Sports. Though I've been using Your Shape quite a bit until I started doing P90.
  • cacfish
    Options
    Hi thank you all for your replies and advice (think we have enough space in our living room lol)....it does sound just right - i don't mind the gym and love swimming but i also like playing sports like racquetball and badmington to mix it up...so a bit of fun games sounds right up my street!!
    also - thought it would be easy to squeeze in after a tired day at work....
    price checking now!:flowerforyou: